Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I don't see why this burns you so bad, the Airport is probably designated that via the FAA as it truly is "regional"

another example of trying to be "bigger" is the way Bismarck tries to copy pretty much everything Fargo does...it happens. Fargo tries to copy Minneapolis
    Jamestown is the only major city in ND that has the exact same population as they had in 1960. They don't grow, they just change the names to make people think something is happening there.

Back in the 1970's the Jamestown Sun had an editor named Jack Evans who really put the spin on things. You'd have thought Jamestown was keeping up with Fargo the way the propaganda was pitched.

The "regional" hospital at Jamestown airlifts it's serious patients to Fargo, so I guess the name change couldn't improve that. I make fun of Jamestown because of the way they try to be something they never will be. Grand Forks is much the same way at times.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I've lived in Jimtown for 47 of my 55 years. I find these recent posts hilarious. We have the worlds largest buffalo and that is all that matters.

More proof puck nut will always be a und fan. It's worlds largest BISON!!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Jamestown is the only major city in ND that has the exact same population as they had in 1960. They don't grow, they just change the names to make people think something is happening there.

Back in the 1970's the Jamestown Sun had an editor named Jack Evans who really put the spin on things. You'd have thought Jamestown was keeping up with Fargo the way the propaganda was pitched.

The "regional" hospital at Jamestown airlifts it's serious patients to Fargo, so I guess the name change couldn't improve that. I make fun of Jamestown because of the way they try to be something they never will be. Grand Forks is much the same way at times.
    How bad did Jamestown High beat on you in sports growing up? You from Valley City or something? lol.
    College of Business Alumnus

As a high schooler in a "regional town", I remember the Jamestown Sun's sports editor, Jim Nelson. Great writer who gave the surrounding communities good coverage. He was fair, but balanced.

Next on the agenda is to rename our reservoir to the Jamestown Regional Dam.

Next on the agenda is to rename our reservoir to the Jamestown Regional Dam.
    Oh, that's just like grand forks being the regional sewer
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've lived in Jimtown for 47 of my 55 years. I find these recent posts hilarious. We have the worlds largest buffalo and that is all that matters.
    Really? I've seen that big bison, the official mammal of the United States. And I have to say that is pretty damn cool. But I've never seen any buffalo in North Dakota.

Only kinda purple.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    How bad did Jamestown High beat on you in sports growing up? You from Valley City or something? lol.
    I love how you like to troll Bison fans, but if Jamestown or Notre Dame is dissed, you're all over it.

Does anyone else go: "Uh oh, someone took a swipe at Jamestown/Touchdown Jesus. ByeSon response coming in 3..2.."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I love how you like to troll Bison fans, but if Jamestown or Notre Dame is dissed, you're all over it.

Does anyone else go: "Uh oh, someone took a swipe at Jamestown/Touchdown Jesus. ByeSon response coming in 3..2.."
    If you love it then why are you bitching?

Also, entirely true.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post