Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Sounds like he was fired for a good reason if what I was told is true , or maybe that player deserved it. Haha who knows nowadays
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    No smoke that I am aware of and I live in Jamestown and go to games.
    I heard during one of last years practices he went off on the team and then proceeded to take a players face and slam into the floor causing his front teeth to go through his upper lip. Told this by more than one person close to the program

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I heard during one of last years practices he went off on the team and then proceeded to take a players face and slam into the floor causing his front teeth to go through his upper lip. Told this by more than one person close to the program
    LOL yup... player mouthed off i bet.

Catalina Foothills standout Madison Hairgrove to play softball for Jamestown

Catalina Foothills standout pitcher Madison Hairgrove announced her commitment to play softball for the University of Jamestown. The senior is the great granddaughter of Lute Olson and the daughter of former Catalina Foothills and University of Arizona basketball standout Julie Brase Hairgrove and former Arizona football player Mike Hairgrove.

“I am beyond excited to announce that I have committed to further my academic and athletic career at the University of Jamestown,” Hairgrove announced on social media. “I would like to thank my family and coaches for supporting me through this journey!”

NSIC has officially extended an invite to U of J to become a member.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    NSIC has officially extended an invite to U of J to become a member.
    My daughter just told me that. Good deal

Article here. Good for Jamestown. NSIC is good stuff

�� Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/10006448181...ibextid=qC1gEa

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    My daughter just told me that. Good deal
    Outstanding! Onward and upward!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nort...ate_Conference

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

SIOUX CITY, IOWA — The No. 9-ranked University of Jamestown continued their postseason domination as they swept No. 22-ranked St. Thomas University (Fla.) (26-24, 25-22, 25-22) on Thursday, Nov. 30, at the Tyson Events Center.

The Jimmies have now won eight NAIA tournament matches in a row dating back to last season.

The first set was incredibly back and forth as there were 12 ties and 12 lead changes. Two of the Bobcats' points came in unique circumstances as the Jimmies (25-9) were called for a rotation error and later in the set, Jmmies head coach Jon Hegerle was given a red card which gave the Bobcats another point to tie the set up at 19. The Jimmies responded to their coach's passion though with a kill to take a 20-19 lead. The remainder of the set continued to be a battle as the Jimmies took a 23-20 lead, drawing a Bobcats timeout. Out of the stoppage, the Bobcats (27-3) went on a 3-0 run to tie the set up at 23. The Jimmies would finish the set on a 3-1 run to get the 26-24 first-set win.

The second set was all about big runs as the Jimmies started the set with a 7-3 run and continued it from there going on an 18-11 run to take a 24-14 lead. The Bobcats got a point on a Jimmies error to cut the deficit to 24-15 and that kickstarted a 8-0 run to cut the deficit to 24-22. After a Jimmies timeout, Aleah Zieske was able to put down a cross court kill to give the Jimmies the 25-22 second set win. Despite the big run being kicked started by a Jimmies error, the Jimmies hit the ball well in the penultimate set having 16 kills and only three errors. The Bobcats had 13 kills and seven errors.

The Bobcats got out to an early 10-6 lead in the third set but the Jimmies kept chipping away from there tying the set up at 12. The defending national champions kept it up from there taking a 16-13 lead. The Bobcats refused to go away though as they managed to cut the deficit to 22-21. However, a Darienne Johnson kill pushed the lead out to 23-21 and the Jimmies were able to use that to get a 25-22 third set win.

The Jimmies are back in action at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 1, when they take on Corban University.

STU 0, UJ 3

STU: 24 22 22–0

UJ: 26 25 25–3