Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Another milestone for the women’s hockey team. First time they’ve been top 10 as the new rankings came out yesterday and they are ranked 6th. Not bad for a second year program

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Another milestone for the women’s hockey team. First time they’ve been top 10 as the new rankings came out yesterday and they are ranked 6th. Not bad for a second year program
    Amazing to accomplish that so quickly Pucknut! Congrats and kudos to Coach Amber Schaack and her staff, players, and to everyone involved! Excellent news!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 11-06-2023 at 03:01 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Men's basketball coach resigned today.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post
    Men's basketball coach resigned today.
    JAMESTOWN — University of Jamestown men’s basketball head coach Danny Neville announced his resignation Thursday, Nov. 16, effective immediately.

Neville told The Jamestown Sun that his attorney advised him not to comment.

The school’s website lists Taylor Jones as the interim head coach.

During his nine years at the helm, Neville compiled a 177-81 overall record and a 104-53 record in conference play. He led the Jimmies to the NAIA tournament four out of the last five years and to two conference championships. His team’s appearances in the NAIA national tournament include three trips to the Sweet 16 and one trip to the Elite Eight.

During his tenure, he coached 10 1,000-point scorers, including the top two career scoring leaders in program history. He coached one NAIA National Player of the Year, Mason Walters.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    JAMESTOWN — University of Jamestown men’s basketball head coach Danny Neville announced his resignation Thursday, Nov. 16, effective immediately.

Neville told The Jamestown Sun that his attorney advised him not to comment.

The school’s website lists Taylor Jones as the interim head coach.

During his nine years at the helm, Neville compiled a 177-81 overall record and a 104-53 record in conference play. He led the Jimmies to the NAIA tournament four out of the last five years and to two conference championships. His team’s appearances in the NAIA national tournament include three trips to the Sweet 16 and one trip to the Elite Eight.

During his tenure, he coached 10 1,000-point scorers, including the top two career scoring leaders in program history. He coached one NAIA National Player of the Year, Mason Walters.
    Really strange timing, and mention of his attorney clouds things even more. Was there any smoke leading up to this?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Really strange timing, and mention of his attorney clouds things even more. Was there any smoke leading up to this?
    No smoke that I am aware of and I live in Jamestown and go to games.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    No smoke that I am aware of and I live in Jamestown and go to games.
    My daughter is involved with the ladies program at UJ so she is around the men's program. Has always said Nevell was a yeller and an intimidating presence. She said on Monday a starter quit the team and things moved quickly. Bobby Knight style that doesn't work in todays age is what i see playing out.

^^^ this sounds correct. soft as charmin society. if you even raise your voice at a player, that players cries to mommy like a bitch and they call the AD and Im guessing the University HAS TO investigate and then at that point a NAIA coach says "fuck it, im out or UJ said, just resign and we will give you a severance"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Interim coach has now resigned as well. Former women’s coach will take over mens program
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Interim coach has now resigned as well. Former women’s coach will take over mens program
    Something is not right. Interesting to see what transpires