Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 221 to 225 of 225

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Why? Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    3,318

    Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would think Washington School is even more on the chopping block now. Hard to say though.
    What are class sizes like right now? Would they need to build a new school or?
    College of Business Alumnus

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    from trunk of a car
    Posts
    7,930
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    What are class sizes like right now? Would they need to build a new school or?
    Not sure on the size of classes there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

    "I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

    My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jimtown
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Not sure on the size of classes there.
    Wasn’t Washington suppose to close like 10-15 years ago?
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!!

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,196

    Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Lots of fun memories on that field and a few not so good. Kind of a bummer that the Jays won't be playing there anymore but I fully understand the deal of just having one football venue in town. We already have a soccer field at the high school, or we did 10 years ago. I'm assuming that is still there. Would this new field just be for soccer to use when the football team is not there to avoid wear and tear on their regular field?

    I hate football fields with tracks around them from a fan perspective, but I suppose that's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Wonder if Washington School is gonna be around much longer.
    I don't hate fields with tracks but I love the intimacy of fans closer to the field. One of our D3 schools had stands right behind the bench and maybe 15 feet from the sideline. When I'm there for a kickoff I can smell someone's bad breath I'm so close.

    They built a nice new stadium this off-season and put the track around it. It just won't be the same.

    This photo was taken from the top row of the visitor stands. You can see the railing below and the proximity to the sideline. It's tighter than even the Fargodone.

    Here is video from a couple months ago. You can see the old stadium in the background in some of the shots.

    https://youtu.be/GCDaQ5UwYHg

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,972

    Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    UJ hasnít had a successful football team in a long long time. In the meantime theyíve had other programs do very well. I can see your point where a successful football program could have a trickle down effect to the other sports but that isnít the case at UJ

    Yes, they haven't had a successful football program in a while; in fact, they are in danger of becoming the UMary/Minot State of the GPAC football conference. However, kudos to the folks in Jamestown in their efforts to up grade their facilities. I am sure Rollie Greeno is smiling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •