Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Spencer Waege

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Spencer Waege

Really excited to see this kid. After talking with one of my buddies who is a coach at MSUM, he said this kid is a steal for NDSU. He kind of went under the radar apparently. Said he is easily a B1G lineman. Also said if we can keep the 5 guys we have now, it would be amazing gets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

I spoke with my nephew and he was very impressed with the camp but he was a bit intimidated. He's been to camps in Sioux Falls and the SDSU camp but he said it's a different level of athlete that he was exposed to up here. A bit of a disclaimer is that this is the first football camp he's been where he's been exposed to high schooler's of all ages since he's an incoming freshman. He sounded in awe of some of the guys he was going up against but he also told me now he knows what he needs to do to compete on that level. He's got a great attitude about it and he said he's definitely coming back in the future.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Spencer Waege named to the 2016 Argus-Leader Elite 45 team

Spencer Waege
    Watertown, DE-LS
    A 6-foot-5, 230-pound senior, Waege entered the year with high expectations and responded with 49 tackles, two sacks and a whopping five blocked punts. He also served as the Arrows’ longsnapper.
    Waege had already established himself as one of the top defensive linemen in the state, and gave a verbal commitment to play for five-time defending FCS national champion North Dakota State in May, spurning offers from South Dakota State, Northern Iowa and Buffalo.
    He was also named to the all-ESD team this season.
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...team/94340098/

When Spencer Waege verballed to NDSU, I questioned how good he may turn out for the Bison. I'm in Watertown and have watched Waege throughout high school in several sports. The question mark in my mind about how good Waege will be in FCS has been erased. With the basketball season winding down, it's clear NDSU picked up a top recruit most schools overlooked. The kid has really matured as an athlete his senior year and it seems he still has potential to continue maturing in college. He's having a very nice basketball season (Watertown's team isn't particularly strong this year but every once in a while we surprise some teams). Very coordinated, moves very well for his size and plays hard the entire game. While I am not personally acquainted with Waege, his reputation is very good: he's a good student and a very nice young man.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    When Spencer Waege verballed to NDSU, I questioned how good he may turn out for the Bison. I'm in Watertown and have watched Waege throughout high school in several sports. The question mark in my mind about how good Waege will be in FCS has been erased. With the basketball season winding down, it's clear NDSU picked up a top recruit most schools overlooked. The kid has really matured as an athlete his senior year and it seems he still has potential to continue maturing in college. He's having a very nice basketball season (Watertown's team isn't particularly strong this year but every once in a while we surprise some teams). Very coordinated, moves very well for his size and plays hard the entire game. While I am not personally acquainted with Waege, his reputation is very good: he's a good student and a very nice young man.
    JackJD buttering us up... I smell something..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Damn, we really must have gotten a good one then!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Jay Elsen (Midco) tweets

@NDSUfootball signee/Watertown native Spencer Waege was dominant @SDAllStarGame.
    Finished with 4 tkl, 2 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and a fum recovery.
    2017 NDSU signees Spencer Waege and Costner Ching (Castlewood SD) were both Blue Team Captains for the South Dakota All-Star game.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 06-11-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Redshirt is pulled right away

he's hurt. foot. offseason.

will miss 1 game I predict.

”It's not a serious injury where he may have to miss a game, I'm waiting to see the severity of the injury with Bobby (Knodel)". Entz said.
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...standout-Waege