View Poll Results: 2016 Bison season record before playoffs.

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11-0

15 8.82%
  • 10-1

66 38.82%
  • 9-2

79 46.47%
  • 8-3

7 4.12%
  • 7-4 or worst.

3 1.76%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Bison season record.

Default Re: 2016 Bison season record.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    You need to go look at what they lost compared to what we lost. We lost a lot of talent, but they lost more. Stick beat them last year and this year he will destroy them. The Farley's are going down hard!!

Anybody who has any doubts just needs to go watch the last 4 games that Stick started again.

We didn't just win most of those games, we absolutely destroyed our opponents. The UNI score could have been much worse.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

7-4? Must be UND/SDSU fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    You need to slow your troll. We destroyed WIU and MSU, that's it.
    And Richmond!!! How could just forget the annihilation of Richmond. That was a great party! And like I said, the UNI playoff game could easily have gone more in our favor.

I don't believe you can easily replace Haeg and Vraa, but I do believe the OL as a whole will be better than last year because of the returning studs, and the development of the likes of Zeimer, Colin Connor, Volson, Triplett, Little Zach,etc. Lechler and Plankers may surprise and take a leap forward, but I am expecting status quo there.

DL and LB depth are extremely strong and the safety position could possibly provide a lot of turnovers next year. The kid from science didn't just make a lot of interceptions last year, most of them were spectacular catches. This guy is a bona fide play maker. He is going to see significant snaps.

The only possible weakness on defense may be the boundary CB's early in the season, but I expect an emerging dominant pass rush for the next several years that will really help our young CB's.

No friend, after a squeaker at Youngstown, we dominated with Stick leading the offense and the defense becoming a smooth functioning machine.

Expect more of the same against Charleston and Eastern Washington. Bison are going to pick up right where they left off. Because Nick Deluca and the DL will be well able to handle EWU's rushing game. our CB's will get plenty of safety help. I expect their All-American and NFL prospect WR will be doubled all day long.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And Richmond!!! How could just forget the annihilation of Richmond. That was a great party! And like I said, the UNI playoff game could easily have gone more in our favor.

I don't believe you can easily replace Haeg and Vraa, but I do believe the OL as a whole will be better than last year because of the returning studs, and the development of the likes of Zeimer, Colin Connor, Volson, Triplett, Little Zach,etc. Lechler and Plankers may surprise and take a leap forward, but I am expecting status quo there.

DL and LB depth are extremely strong and the safety position could possibly provide a lot of turnovers next year. The kid from science didn't just make a lot of interceptions last year, most of them were spectacular catches. This guy is a bona fide play maker. He is going to see significant snaps.

The only possible weakness on defense may be the boundary CB's early in the season, but I expect an emerging dominant pass rush for the next several years that will really help our young CB's.

No friend, after a squeaker at Youngstown, we dominated with Stick leading the offense and the defense becoming a smooth functioning machine.

Expect more of the same against Charleston and Eastern Washington. Bison are going to pick up right where they left off. Because Nick Deluca and the DL will be well able to handle EWU's rushing game. our CB's will get plenty of safety help. I expect their All-American and NFL prospect WR will be doubled all day long.
    I'm thinking the d-line will get insane amounts of pressure on EWU. Their o-line is extremely young. All freshmen and sophomores.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Maybe you should have that looked at.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unless we run lots of 3 safety sets as in 2013 exactly who do you think the kid from Whapeton is going to replace? He would have to pick things up really fast and be really good to replace Grimsley or Dempsey. I would be very surprised if that scenario unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Unless we run lots of 3 safety sets as in 2013 exactly who do you think the kid from Whapeton is going to replace? He would have to pick things up really fast and be really good to replace Grimsley or Dempsey. I would be very surprised if that scenario unfolds.
    Prepare to be surprised.

I don't like saying negative things about our players, but the Grimsley man love around here is out of hand, and completely unwarranted imo.

Grimsley is the most overrated player on the bison squad. He doesn't make plays. He missed assignments last year. He tackles like pussy cat. No players on opposing teams fear him or are intimidated by him in the least. I know he is fast but he didn't show game speed out on field and was lucky on a number of occasions that he wasn't burned.

Best case scenario is that he is moved to the DB assignments that Jalen Allison had last year, and Kelley flourishes as a protypical SS.

He is basically a grossly undersized strong safety that doesn't do anything particularly well, and is just over-hyped by Bison fans. Ya, I know he was MN Mr. Football, but I think he needs a year to bulk up and learn how to tackle with some force.

I'm not saying he should not have played last year. We were light at a safety with Board disappointing at the position and converting to LB and Smith as well ended up quitting.

I'm saying there should be wide,wide open competition at the position.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Prepare to be surprised.

I don't like saying negative things about our players, but the Grimsley man love around here is out of hand, and completely unwarranted imo.

Grimsley is the most overrated player on the bison squad. He doesn't make plays. He missed assignments last year. He tackles like pussy cat. No players on opposing teams fear him or are intimidated by him in the least. I know he is fast but he didn't show game speed out on field and was lucky on a number of occasions that he wasn't burned.

Best case scenario is that he is moved to the DB assignments that Jalen Allison had last year, and Kelley flourishes as a protypical SS.

He is basically a grossly undersized strong safety that doesn't do anything particularly well, and is just over-hyped by Bison fans. Ya, I know he was MN Mr. Football, but I think he needs a year to bulk up and learn how to tackle with some force.

I'm not saying he should not have played last year. We were light at a safety with Board disappointing at the position and converting to LB and Smith as well ended up quitting.

I'm saying there should be wide,wide open competition at the position.
    Your analysis of Grimsley is out to lunch, and he was a true freshman last year dumbass, beating out a guy who had been in the system for three years. I try not to respond to such idiocy but for you I am making an exception.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Grimsley is not over rated. I don't even think he is rated. He was just good enough as red shirt freshman to get on the field. He also did a good job for learning on the fly.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Grimsley really progressed nicely last season