Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NCAAs - T & F

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 NCAAs - T & F

A college record for the steeplechase. Erin finishes in 8th place as an All American. I believe that is her 7th All American honor.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    A college record for the steeplechase. Erin finishes in 8th place as an All American. I believe that is her 7th All American honor.
    First Team All-American since she was in the Top 8.

Jake Leingang (Bismarck High School) is now running for Orego. Jake trained under Daryl Anderson in high school, Daryl ran for the Bison in the 70s.
    Jake placed mid-teens in the 5000m, ran a 14:01.

An excellent performance for a sophomore.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Jake Leingang (Bismarck High School) is now running for Orego. Jake trained under Daryl Anderson in high school, Daryl ran for the Bison in the 70s.

Also, Jess Lehman formally Jess Herauf from Dickinson, a senior at Minnesota places 7th in the Heptathlon! Dickinson Proud!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Also, Jess Lehman formally Jess Herauf from Dickinson, a senior at Minnesota places 7th in the Heptathlon! Dickinson Proud!
    Hear hear!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post

OK, I'm not a track and field insider or anything, but hasn't Leingang been a disappointment thus far in college? I believe he was one of the top 2 distance recruits in the nation coming out of HS. He won national events as a prep star and now...is he even a top 5 runner on the XC team?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    OK, I'm not a track and field insider or anything, but hasn't Leingang been a disappointment thus far in college? I believe he was one of the top 2 distance recruits in the nation coming out of HS. He won national events as a prep star and now...is he even a top 5 runner on the XC team?
    I don't think one can say he is a disappointment unless the expectations are really high. He has been improving.

While in high school he ran something like a 4:07 1600m (a mile equivalent would be about a 4:09). At Oregon as a freshman he ran a 3:44 1500m, which would be about a 4:01 mile if the pace was maintained for the extra distance. In high school he ran an 8:51 two-mile in high school, or about 4:25 a mile. The 5000m is about 3 miles and another 200m. If one does the math (assuming for math purposes he maintains his two-mile pace for another mile) and allows about 35 seconds for the 200m, that comes out to a 13:50 5000m. Jake's best is 13:43. So he has run a better pace for a 3-mile-plus race then he did for a great 2-mile in high school. That is pretty excellent improvement.

To put his 5000m in perspective, Steve Prefontaine's best 5000m was a 13:21.

Erin Teschuk's 8th place finish is good for 1 team point for the NDSU women..........
    No Bison points on the men's side.

Erin's single point was the ONLY POINT scored by Summit League athletes..............ugh.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    The top NCAA teams are littered with foreign athletes which makes the competition much more difficult. Recruiting for T&F is a global search and the Top NCAA teams are feeder programs for many countries Olympic programs!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    The top NCAA teams are littered with foreign athletes which makes the competition much more difficult. Recruiting for T&F is a global search and the Top NCAA teams are feeder programs for many countries Olympic programs!
    This makes a lot of sense and something I never would have thought of. Good post.