Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: New Voice of the Bison?????

Default Re: New Voice of the Bison?????

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Any chance we can also get a Spanish speaking play by play guy? I'd love hearing a call, "El TOUCDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWN!!!!"
    Edward James Olmos. He can cast in Spanglish.

I would have been a fan of hiring the voice actor for Bird Person from Rick and Morty. Bird Person (in character) would have been a great play by play caster.

National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Edward James Olmos. He can cast in Spanglish.

I would have been a fan of hiring the voice actor for Bird Person from Rick and Morty. Bird Person (in character) would have been a great play by play caster.

I believe that would be Dan Harmon. Co-creator of Rick and Morty and creator of Community
    Hail Hydra.

Let the guy be himself, only time will tell how well liked he becomes.

I really like this guy so far.

The only criticism I have is that he seems to use vocal pauses more than he needs to. Ah and uh mostly. Not too many ums.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I really like this guy so far.

The only criticism I have is that he seems to use vocal pauses more than he needs to. Ah and uh mostly. Not too many ums.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
    For the first game he did well. He looks promising.

Listened to his highlights and he did a great job. Sadly, after most of his calls I kept thinking I was going to hear a "my oh my". It's going to take a while to get used to not expecting that.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I enjoy Jeff's announcing, but the 5 second delay annoyed me so much I quit listening.
    2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 National FCS Champions.

Eight is Great!!

Due to it being in the middle of harvest, I listened to last nights game on the radio. Having listened to Scotty for so many years I was a little apprehensive to hear the play by play without him handling the call, but to me it seemed like a pretty smooth transition to a new guy from one who had become a legend. I certainly also missed the my oh my a time or two and the easy way Scotty meshed with Phil, but I'm sure that will come with a few broadcasts together. Not really something that can be practiced I imagine. I thought it was very good and will likely only get better as he becomes more and more familiar with the team. I also find his voice easy to listen to which is always a bonus.
    Last edited by Opie11; 08-28-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Jeff had never called play by play for a football game before last night.

533 In a row

Jeff did good. Certainly can be improved but solid for his first outing. The only thing missing is some sort of, not necessarily a catch phrase but something to put an end to a big play. Seemed incomplete. Just something at the end... A wow, an are you kidding me, a put a dress on me and call me Shirly, a holy fuck... a something!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com