Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 single game tickets for TMs

Default Re: 2016 single game tickets for TMs

Sitting higher than the video boards is a bummer. We've been in the top row or two at the Fargodome, Metrodome, US bank, TCF and Sun Devil stadium and you can really watch plays develop from one there.
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yep, pretty much only negative is the upper endzones are the only seats that can't enjoy the two huge screens. Have to make due with those ones they put on the back for us instead of turning them into billboards for a banking card outfit.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Well my tickets showed up today. Actually got pretty low seats in the endzone this year.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Actually, it's really easy to get tickets. I just send a 4 figure check to Team Makers every year and priority points get me tickets. Show some support and the tickets will come. Funny how people want things without paying for them. Who do you think should pay for your expansion fantasy???
    Currently you need to drop a 6 figure sum to get tickets 100%. Just so you know.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Sorry if this derails this thread but what plan is NDSU working on to increase seating?? I honestly haven't heard anything and didn't even try for tickets today. I'm tired of the process and getting denied for just about everything and I can't imagine that I'm the only one like that. I feel NDSU is turning more and more people off from attending games by just standing pat.
    I get where you're coming from, but if you just get on the day and minute when they release unused visitor seats you will be fine. I'm too small of a fish for season tickets, but I still manage to get to every game. Sweet talk a few people here and it's even easier.

One important thing that needs to be address in regards to increasing seating at the FargoDome for NDSU Football games is that a lot of us fans seem to forget or don't know who actually owns and runs the FargoDome. Small hint, it's not NDSU.

When you look at increasing seating from the owner's perspective, you would have to question exactly why would you increase seating being that most of the FargoDome events can't fill the FargoDome to begin with.

If NDSU actually owned the FargoDome, the easiest solution would be to eliminate the bucket seats for bench seating and make the seating space smaller. This has worked for major schools such as Notre Dame and Michigan.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    One important thing that needs to be address in regards to increasing seating at the FargoDome for NDSU Football games is that a lot of us fans seem to forget or don't know who actually owns and runs the FargoDome. Small hint, it's not NDSU.

When you look at increasing seating from the owner's perspective, you would have to question exactly why would you increase seating being that most of the FargoDome events can't fill the FargoDome to begin with.

If NDSU actually owned the FargoDome, the easiest solution would be to eliminate the bucket seats for bench seating and make the seating space smaller. This has worked for major schools such as Notre Dame and Michigan.
    I get where you are coming from, bench seating is pretty old school. Those leather seats at The Ralph sure are comfortable!
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    I get where you are coming from, bench seating is pretty old school. Those leather seats at The Ralph sure are comfortable!

Hard to see the football game happening in the Alerus I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    You go enjoy those seats paid for by a Hitler-loving, Nazi-sympathizer.

In the meantime, understand the difference between an arena and a stadium. For example, in Denver, I doubt the Pepsi Center people brag about their nice, leather, super-tight seats that are designed for hobbits with the people of Mile High Stadium, which pretty much has the same type of seats as the FargoDome. It's pretty easy to put "nice" seats in a smaller venue that has a much smaller amount of spectators than a huge venue.

In regards to bench seating, I'm not so sure I'd call it "old-school" as it has been the norm at every college football game I've been to that was not in the FargoDome or the soccer stadium in Frisco. These games include USAF, Colorado State, Northern Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas State, Iowa State, Weber State, Montana and Iowa. The differences between all these places, was the bigger the program, the smaller the seat size.
    Hail the BISON!!!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

I completely get where you are coming from. And especially when any renovation to the Dome would kill any other things happening in the dome during that time too. So it makes absolutely no sense from a financial stand point. I was just wondering if NDSU has said if they have any long term plans that they have announced?

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I completely get where you are coming from. And especially when any renovation to the Dome would kill any other things happening in the dome during that time too. So it makes absolutely no sense from a financial stand point. I was just wondering if NDSU has said if they have any long term plans that they have announced?
    I think NDSU would be up for renovating the FargoDome to fit more people in the stadium. Getting the city to agree would be hard part and I believe they have the first and final say. Again, the FargoDome as it is now, is big enough for any event held there outside the NDSU football games, and I don't believe the city gets much, if any, revenue from those games. I don't know if this is the absolute truth about the relationship between NDSU, the FargoDome and the city of Fargo works, but it is what I'm guessing. Not to villainize anyone in the relationship, but I'm trying to give insight on why it is difficult get more seating inside the FargoDome since all parties will not benefit mutually to do so.

As far as long term plans go, I'm sure the athletic department is constantly looking on how to improve its situation. There's a lot of smart and good people working there. In regards to the seating issue, we have to remember, this is an extremely new problem. Despite NDSU's fantastic history in football since the mid-60s, seating wasn't an issue until about three to five years ago.

Even back during the Dacotah Field days, I've been told by numerous people that those games weren't sold out either except for the "rival" game. This is probably why the FargoDome was built to only hold 19,000. They were still DII back then and could not consistently fill out a sub-13,000 outdoor stadium. There was no way anyone could predict NDSU's success (move up to FCS was predictable) and Fargo-Moorhead's growth would be 25 year later when they started planning for the FargoDome in the late-80s.

With this in mind, hopefully our leaders at NDSU and Fargo will be able predict the next 25 years better. If that includes a new stadium, hopefully there are enough of us crazy fans/donors to pay for it as I doubt the State will support it.
    Hail the BISON!!!