Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2016 single game tickets for TMs

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 single game tickets for TMs

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I took that as someone completely ignorant of what is going on, or they chose the wrong words. Only one person did that, don't let PL skew the facts and make it sound like everyone who wants a bigger stadium is crazy. Just like was said earlier, something around a 30,000 plus capacity stadium would be right size. Just because season ticket requests only translate to about 2300 more seats isn't the only impact due to a maxed out venue. There are still many other factors such as single game sales and what about all the people that don't even try to get season or single game tickets anymore. This would likely push the additional seating for an average game to 5000 or 6000 over present capacity. This does not include any future growth in demand between now and when a new facility would be built. And who says every game has to be packed to the rafters? But then there are those who believe fans won't come to games if the Bison have less than national playoff final appearances. I really think that is not going to happen. Now that NDSU is DI, and the winning football tradition successfully transferred, there is no reason to think the backlog of demand won't continue. Like I said before, NDSU is like a smaller version of Nebraska and has a football following that is at the top of FCS, and the envy of the lower half of FBS. Amazing and sad that the Fargodome at 19,000 capacity will be where NDSU is going to freeze growth for the next 10, 20 or even 30 years. Recent grads can't even get a single ticket. Alumni who just reached a point in their life where they can afford season tickets, and those who just love Bison football, can just forget about ever getting season tickets. I could understand these issues if already at the limits of football stadium size, but the Fargodome is nowhere near that big.
    I completely agree with you. We were finally able to afford season tickets the year of either our first or second national championship but by then it was too late as we had no priority points and it was already maxed out. I think we would easily buy 6 or 7 if offered right now, but instead I honestly haven't tried for the last few years because I got tired of filling out the paperwork to get a letter saying no. We are still TM members so getting in the dome is not necessarily difficult.

I do understand the whole supply and demand thing but at the same time find it so interesting that NDSU has left so much money on the table by not trying to max out ticket prices a little more and especially with TM dues only recently being attached to all tickets when that could have been easily added a long time ago.

You are absolutely right that this isn't going to change for 20 to 30 years. All the money they just dumped into the locker room expansion was to keep NDSU football the main tenant along with other things they've done over the years that are only to enhance NDSU football and would have little enhancement for many of the other things in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/431152...ds-granted?amp

753. That's the waiting list. Not as big as I expected

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

haha. this is such "FAKE NEWS" hell.. its so publicized that is ALWAYS SOLD OUT, that thousands of people.. (especially small town conservative people) DONT EVEN BOTHER TO call in or put their name on a mythical waiting list..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I completely agree with you. We were finally able to afford season tickets the year of either our first or second national championship but by then it was too late as we had no priority points and it was already maxed out. I think we would easily buy 6 or 7 if offered right now, but instead I honestly haven't tried for the last few years because I got tired of filling out the paperwork to get a letter saying no. We are still TM members so getting in the dome is not necessarily difficult.

I do understand the whole supply and demand thing but at the same time find it so interesting that NDSU has left so much money on the table by not trying to max out ticket prices a little more and especially with TM dues only recently being attached to all tickets when that could have been easily added a long time ago.

You are absolutely right that this isn't going to change for 20 to 30 years. All the money they just dumped into the locker room expansion was to keep NDSU football the main tenant along with other things they've done over the years that are only to enhance NDSU football and would have little enhancement for many of the other things in the dome.
    The Fargodome paid for the new locker room? I believe it was accomplished through private donations as there is a Locker room donation fund.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You have a nice problem with the Fargo Dome sold out again. Congrats!
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    You have a nice problem with the Fargo Dome sold out again. Congrats!
    First world problems.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The Fargodome paid for the new locker room? I believe it was accomplished through private donations as there is a Locker room donation fund.
    I know that. I know I didn't say it above but I was talking about NDSU that time. It doesn't change what I was saying though that there has been a lot of money dumped into the Fargodome that was specifically to keep their biggest tenant in the Dome for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    You know how hard I worked for my 18 preference points? I gave up on it when I found out guys who sleep with former cheerleaders get 100 points.

Just donate $5000 you'll be right up with all the cheerleaders. [emoji3]

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Isn't that the truth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

More fun to sleep with one of the former cheerleaders.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Well, it will be interesting to see if Pat Simmers gives me a response. 3 emails to Matt Larsen have gone unanswered.