Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 single game tickets for TMs

Default Re: 2016 single game tickets for TMs

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/431152...ds-granted?amp

753. That's the waiting list. Not as big as I expected

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Avg season ticket holder is 3.1 tickets x 753= 2334.3 Thats a far cry from the 20k-30k that keeps getting bandied about.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Avg season ticket holder is 3.1 tickets x 753= 2334.3 Thats a far cry from the 20k-30k that keeps getting bandied about.
    I think people are saying 30000 seat arena not that there's 30000 people on the waiting list .

You also have to take in account the number of people who see the list and say forget it is not worth it plus the number of walk UPS .

A n arena capacity of 35K Would-be about right

I guess they arent just sitting back collecting their paycheck as some have been yapping about.

But I did find this confusing------

""Inside the department walls, however, the assistant director of athletics for marketing and fan engagement is trying to avoid complacency like the football team did every year after winning five straight Division I FCS national titles.""

Anyone know what his means?
    I'm hoping they meant the department is taking a page from the football team in that they won't accept complacency despite being successful each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I think people are saying 30000 seat arena not that there's 30000 people on the waiting list .

You also have to take in account the number of people who see the list and say forget it is not worth it plus the number of walk UPS .

A n arena capacity of 35K Would-be about right
    About a week ago someone posted that there was a 20-30k waiting list
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    About a week ago someone posted that there was a 20-30k waiting list
    I took that as someone completely ignorant of what is going on, or they chose the wrong words. Only one person did that, don't let PL skew the facts and make it sound like everyone who wants a bigger stadium is crazy. Just like was said earlier, something around a 30,000 plus capacity stadium would be right size. Just because season ticket requests only translate to about 2300 more seats isn't the only impact due to a maxed out venue. There are still many other factors such as single game sales and what about all the people that don't even try to get season or single game tickets anymore. This would likely push the additional seating for an average game to 5000 or 6000 over present capacity. This does not include any future growth in demand between now and when a new facility would be built. And who says every game has to be packed to the rafters? But then there are those who believe fans won't come to games if the Bison have less than national playoff final appearances. I really think that is not going to happen. Now that NDSU is DI, and the winning football tradition successfully transferred, there is no reason to think the backlog of demand won't continue. Like I said before, NDSU is like a smaller version of Nebraska and has a football following that is at the top of FCS, and the envy of the lower half of FBS. Amazing and sad that the Fargodome at 19,000 capacity will be where NDSU is going to freeze growth for the next 10, 20 or even 30 years. Recent grads can't even get a single ticket. Alumni who just reached a point in their life where they can afford season tickets, and those who just love Bison football, can just forget about ever getting season tickets. I could understand these issues if already at the limits of football stadium size, but the Fargodome is nowhere near that big.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I took that as someone completely ignorant of what is going on, or they chose the wrong words. Only one person did that, don't let PL skew the facts and make it sound like everyone who wants a bigger stadium is crazy. Just like was said earlier, something around a 30,000 plus capacity stadium would be right size. Just because season ticket requests only translate to about 2300 more seats isn't the only impact due to a maxed out venue. There are still many other factors such as single game sales and what about all the people that don't even try to get season or single game tickets anymore. This would likely push the additional seating for an average game to 5000 or 6000 over present capacity. This does not include any future growth in demand between now and when a new facility would be built. And who says every game has to be packed to the rafters? But then there are those who believe fans won't come to games if the Bison have less than national playoff final appearances. I really think that is not going to happen. Now that NDSU is DI, and the winning football tradition successfully transferred, there is no reason to think the backlog of demand won't continue. Like I said before, NDSU is like a smaller version of Nebraska and has a football following that is at the top of FCS, and the envy of the lower half of FBS. Amazing and sad that the Fargodome at 19,000 capacity will be where NDSU is going to freeze growth for the next 10, 20 or even 30 years. Recent grads can't even get a single ticket. Alumni who just reached a point in their life where they can afford season tickets, and those who just love Bison football, can just forget about ever getting season tickets. I could understand these issues if already at the limits of football stadium size, but the Fargodome is nowhere near that big.

That waiting list would be bigger if people hadn't given up. I know many that have just quit trying to get them.

I emailed our AD again this weekend on a bigger venue and if there is some type of fund set up or in the works that we, as fans, can contribute to when the time comes for a bigger venue. ML didn't respond to my first email....

30K would be nice with some expansion for future growth.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I would like 4 more season tickets but I gave up a couple years ago. I don't even mark it on the sheet anymore.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You know how hard I worked for my 18 preference points? I gave up on it when I found out guys who sleep with former cheerleaders get 100 points.

Lardsin must go!

Does anyone know how many points it took this year to get season tickets? Right now I'm not interested in season tickets and am content with the current single game system since I only have time for a couple games a year, but once I retire I'd love tickets for every game. Wondering what numbers I need to shoot for down the road.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    That waiting list would be bigger if people hadn't given up. I know many that have just quit trying to get them.

I emailed our AD again this weekend on a bigger venue and if there is some type of fund set up or in the works that we, as fans, can contribute to when the time comes for a bigger venue. ML didn't respond to my first email....

30K would be nice with some expansion for future growth.
    I plan on writing a letter this week. Tired of the excuses for not trying to plan anything out for the future. I don't give a crap about timing, just get some ideas out there for a new venue with estimated costs. Target getting something done in 5, 10 or 15 years.