Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Regional

Default Re: Seattle Regional

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would say a good season, but not awesome. Our standards have been raised and it's the equivalent to our basketball team making the tournament and getting blown out in the first game. It's nice to make the tournament but we're not taking it to the next level. I'm kind of disappointed, actually. But props to the seniors
    Herd, I think you're wrong on this one. Making it to the second round of eliminations (going 1-2) would theoretically put you somewhere between 32-48 in the country. You could say the first round of eliminations is equal to getting blown out in the first round (Weber State in our bracket). It's frustrating, but we performed exactly how our ratings said we would and may have even outperformed what we should have done. Look at it computer ratings-wise, this season would've been the best basketball season we've ever had, and would be right on par with our football squad. Doesn't make it any less frustrating to lose. Somehow, as always, the future is bright for NDSU softball.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Herd, I think you're wrong on this one. Making it to the second round of eliminations (going 1-2) would theoretically put you somewhere between 32-48 in the country. You could say the first round of eliminations is equal to getting blown out in the first round (Weber State in our bracket). It's frustrating, but we performed exactly how our ratings said we would and may have even outperformed what we should have done. Look at it computer ratings-wise, this season would've been the best basketball season we've ever had, and would be right on par with our football squad. Doesn't make it any less frustrating to lose. Somehow, as always, the future is bright for NDSU softball.
    We beat Weber which we were expecting to win, got our ass kicked by the Gophers once, and played good the 2nd time. Not bad but not outstanding in my book. Just ok. We just looked like we couldn't handle the high pressure.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well they keep losing to teams that are flat-out better. They do damned good for a mid major northern school that plays 80% of their games on the road. It's pretty impressive what they have accomplished.

Great season ladies. Hold your heads up, in my opinion it was a great year!!! Btw you gained a new fan this year in me, and will make more games next year!!!
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

I would say a good season, but not awesome. Our standards have been raised and it's the equivalent to our basketball team making the tournament and getting blown out in the first game. It's nice to make the tournament but we're not taking it to the next level. I'm kind of disappointed, actually. But props to the seniors
    No disappointment here. If I was to use the word at all it would have been the UND game. Got some great young talent starting to take shape. And pretty solid pitching returning. Its all good.

I would say an awesome season. Plenty of power conference wins, undefeated in Summit. One win in regionals. Just couldn't get by a top 25 caliber Minnesota team

didnt they beat #2 Alabama? yea not bad

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They lost an All American pitcher last year and still went undefeated in Conference play. I think they were better than expected this year. Also I don't think it's fair to expect them to be a top 25 team every year. Heck there were only 2 Big Ten teams ranked in the Top 25 and NDSU lost to one of them in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    They lost an All American pitcher last year and still went undefeated in Conference play. I think they were better than expected this year. Also I don't think it's fair to expect them to be a top 25 team every year. Heck there were only 2 Big Ten teams ranked in the Top 25 and NDSU lost to one of them in the tourney.
    Fair point. Great going undefeated in conference play. I think with Mienke (sp) we would still be playing.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Fair point. Great going undefeated in conference play. I think with Mienke (sp) we would still be playing.
    Its debatable.

Just scanning old stats on gobison...Meinke was 1-3 vs gophs lifetime. 0-2 vs groenewagon. The one win she did get against them was not against the gophers ace at the time Sara moulton.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 05-22-2016 at 10:50 PM. Reason: found correct stats...I think.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club