Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Regional

Default Re: Seattle Regional

The gophs dont suck at everything. Just most things. They are pretty good at softball. Especially since coach alister took over. That was a pretty decent team we just played. we really struggle w that pitcher. Ill be rooting for the gophs vs washington tomorrow. Good season Bison. Until next year.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Help me out with the ruling: What happens if the batter hits the ball when they are out of the batter's box? That was a huge call as there were two outs and they put up a 5 spot after that.
    If its in play they are out. But the ump called foul/dead ball. Meaning he saw it hit her in the box. Not saying hes right...thats just what he called.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    ??? 10char
    another early tournament exit. Haven't been to the supers since 2009

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    If its in play they are out. But the ump called foul/dead ball. Meaning he saw it hit her in the box. Not saying hes right...thats just what he called.
    That's what I thought the ruling was.

Didn't she get 1st base though?? If it's a foul ball she should have hit again.

That's what I thought the ruling was.

Didn't she get 1st base though?? If it's a foul ball she should have hit again.
    I didnt see that. I thought she did hit again cuz i thought everone went back to their original base. If she got first could he have called catcher interference?

Its so hard with no replay or commentary. I know he called dead ball and i thought everyone wrnt back to base.

Help me out with the ruling: What happens if the batter hits the ball when they are out of the batter's box? That was a huge call as there were two outs and they put up a 5 spot after that.
    They would be out. But the call was the ball hit her first in the batter's box. Mueller was trying to argue that she was already out of the box when she hit the ball to begin with so she was out the first time it hit her. That would have been the second out and then if Dwyer still popped out on the next at bat, it would've ended the inning with only one run scored. It was 3-1 Bison before that AB. On that AB it was the throwing error to 3B which wouldn't have happened if Wenner was called out and there wouldn't have been the 2nd score. Then if Dwyer popped out, there wouldn't have been a 3 run HR on the next AB because the inning would have been over. The inning would have ended 3-1 Bison ahead. It also probably would have changed how the gophers used pitchers after that, as well.

It was an interesting game. Looking back on the season, the Bison would have been helped out a lot by not having the gophers and the badger series rained out. That experience would have helped them a lot. Like said earlier, the gophers are a good team and if you start making some mistakes, they will make you pay for them. They kept pressure on the entire game and when there was a sliver of opportunity, they jumped on it.

The Bison lose some senior leadership, but most of the team is still pretty young. They have to be going into next year thinking about how to advance further.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I didnt see that. I thought she did hit again cuz i thought everone went back to their original base. If she got first could he have called catcher interference?

Its so hard with no replay or commentary. I know he called dead ball and i thought everyone wrnt back to base.
    It was the next pitch she got a single.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    They would be out. But the call was the ball hit her first in the batter's box. Mueller was trying to argue that she was already out of the box when she hit the ball to begin with so she was out the first time it hit her. That would have been the second out and then if Dwyer still popped out on the next at bat, it would've ended the inning with only one run scored. It was 3-1 Bison before that AB. On that AB it was the throwing error to 3B which wouldn't have happened if Wenner was called out and there wouldn't have been the 2nd score. Then if Dwyer popped out, there wouldn't have been a 3 run HR on the next AB because the inning would have been over. The inning would have ended 3-1 Bison ahead. It also probably would have changed how the gophers used pitchers after that, as well.

It was an interesting game. Looking back on the season, the Bison would have been helped out a lot by not having the gophers and the badger series rained out. That experience would have helped them a lot. Like said earlier, the gophers are a good team and if you start making some mistakes, they will make you pay for them. They kept pressure on the entire game and when there was a sliver of opportunity, they jumped on it.

The Bison lose some senior leadership, but most of the team is still pretty young. They have to be going into next year thinking about how to advance further.
    Definitely a pivotal game changing play and coach mueller was right to go out and argue it. Speaking of. How lucky are we to have him? Ive said it before...how the heck do you recruit softball to fargo? Well done sir.

Thanks for another awsome season and Thank You Seniors!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan 17 View Post
    Thanks for another awsome season and Thank You Seniors!
    I would say a good season, but not awesome. Our standards have been raised and it's the equivalent to our basketball team making the tournament and getting blown out in the first game. It's nice to make the tournament but we're not taking it to the next level. I'm kind of disappointed, actually. But props to the seniors

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com