View Poll Results: Except Iowa & UNI Toughest Regular Season Game?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • CSU

8 8.99%
  • EWU

2 2.25%
  • ISU-R

12 13.48%
  • MSU

2 2.25%
  • SDSU

33 37.08%
  • WIU

1 1.12%
  • YSU

22 24.72%
  • ISU-B

1 1.12%
  • SD

2 2.25%
  • Can't Decide

6 6.74%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Except Iowa & UNI Toughest Regular Season Game?

Default Except Iowa & UNI Toughest Regular Season Game?

Thinking everyone needs a break from Loaf's constant obsession (and delusions ) with AC/DC playing the West lot I thought I would ask what the toughest regular season game is going to be for 2016. Iowa and UNI would probably be the obvious choices for most people so I left them out of the mix. After flipping a coin several times between ISU-R and SDSU I still can't decide.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Except Iowa & UNI Toughest Regular Season Game?

Youngstown with Webb and Ruiz should be one of the better teams in the MVFC. Jacks would be my second pick.

USD?????

Ha ha
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Chuck South won't know what hit them -- just like every non-conference opponent making their 1st trip to the Fargodome in recent years.
    It's OK to not be OK.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Chuck South won't know what hit them -- just like every non-conference opponent making their 1st trip to the Fargodome in recent years.
    I really hope that they come in as a confident bunch, looking to knock off the 5 time champs. Makes for a better vibe come game time. Anyone else notice the guy for Richmond on all fours when the lights were out and the Bison were coming onto the field? I loved it. Chuck will soon figure out that they're gonna get punched in the mouth over and over and over again. Gonna be a long day for them.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    I really hope that they come in as a confident bunch, looking to knock off the 5 time champs. Makes for a better vibe come game time. Anyone else notice the guy for Richmond on all fours when the lights were out and the Bison were coming onto the field? I loved it. Chuck will soon figure out that they're gonna get punched in the mouth over and over and over again. Gonna be a long day for them.
    I really don't understand the fascination with ripping on Chuck South and making them out to be some loser program. They have the guts and determination to come to Fargo and see how they match up to help build their program. They schedule NDSU when nobody else will and all they get is unwarranted sarcasm. How about showing some respect to these teams instead of pompous arrogance.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    I really don't understand the fascination with ripping on Chuck South and making them out to be some loser program. They have the guts and determination to come to Fargo and see how they match up to help build their program. They schedule NDSU when nobody else will and all they get is unwarranted sarcasm. How about showing some respect to these teams instead of pompous arrogance.
    Don't confuse my confidence for arrogance. I didn't rip on Chuck South at all or call them a loser program either. Traditionally, these non conference matchups at home usually turn out to have a pretty similar result, not sure where you've been for the last 30 years. Also, I'm responding because you quoted me, and if you know me at all I'm a big fan of any team that steps up and takes on the challenge of coming to Fargo and playing the Bison. For example, I applauded the coach from Incarnate Word a couple of years ago and his excitement to come play a premiere program, and the learning experience it provided for his players.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Youngstown was the last team to have NDSU on the ropes, I thought they looked really good. They had 6 losses last year, but only one by more than 8 points, and they had 4th quarter leads in 4 of them. Pitt 8, ISUr 2, SDSU 30, SIU 7, NDSU 3, ISU 3. I heard they were young had depth issues because of it, that would definitely some things

This is a tough one. Going with ISU-R. 2nd choice SDSU. I'm going with this because ISU-R is looking for revenge.

Going with 1's vs. 1's on some Tuesday in September.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.