Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Default Re: Attendance

Time to get more seats.... It's pathetic that there are 6 others in the FCS who can get more people into their stadium... and then actually get more butts in seats. Sad really...

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Good job peeps. 7th in attendance, bursting at the seams. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2015.pdf

One thing I absolutely cannot get over is where in the hell Missouri State found 10k a game.

STL and the Tolna crew can attest there weren't 500 people at that game in 2014.

Not 10k butts or 10k cheeks!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Time to get more seats.... It's pathetic that there are 6 others in the FCS who can get more people into their stadium... and then actually get more butts in seats. Sad really...
    Not sure why you are unhappy because there are bigger stadiums across the country, if you neighbor has a house with 4 rooms and you have 3 rooms do you build an addition to add 2 rooms to yours. That of course is purple... but

with the increased fees people need to wait to see if play out could be space available in a couple years...

Cool Re: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Not sure why you are unhappy because there are bigger stadiums across the country, if you neighbor has a house with 4 rooms and you have 3 rooms do you build an addition to add 2 rooms to yours. That of course is purple... but

with the increased fees people need to wait to see if play out could be space available in a couple years...
    This is a fun analogy but we need to make it apples to apples here
    let's play your house hunting game.

If we have 25k people who would like to visit our home every Saturday and only have 18700 beds... I would want more beds.

Yet There are people around the country who only have 15k visitors at their homes most Saturdays and have 20-25 thousand beds!

I want more beds because we've ran out of beds basically every single Saturday for 5 consecutive years!! We double book out beds almost every other Saturday so I believe it's time to find a few more beds at the ol fabulous FargoDome!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This is a fun analogy but we need to make it apples to apples here
    let's play your house hunting game.

If we have 25k people who would like to visit our home every Saturday and only have 18700 beds... I would want more beds.

Yet There are people around the country who only have 15k visitors at their homes most Saturdays and have 20-25 thousand beds!

I want more beds because we've ran out of beds basically every single Saturday for 5 consecutive years!! We double book out beds almost every other Saturday so I believe it's time to find a few more beds at the ol fabulous FargoDome!
    Double book out? Splain that one to me. Do you understand the logistics for that to happen or are you just I want more seats and dont care about what it takes?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Double book out? Splain that one to me. Do you understand the logistics for that to happen or are you just I want more seats and dont care about what it takes?
    Sure I'll "splain" it to you. My GOODNESS you are condescending, honestly you simply do not tolerate that someone may have an opinion different than yours, geesh.

I'm saying that we have demand for more than 18700 tickets per game, almost without fail. If possible, which apparently it is, it would be very nice to have more seats.

Sorry if this thought makes you squirm

Obviously the logistics are not as simple as adding some folding chairs over night- any meaningful renno/expansion takes time and dollars, but first and foremost it needs demand. We have more demand than literally any other team in the FCS. But just for you I will pretend that Montana, has unequivocally more fans than us, so we don't need 25k.

The point is, we have demand well beyond the means of the FFD, and now is the time to try and rectify that.
    No one in the FCS has an "no-vacancy" problem like we do right now.

What would each additional seat mean from a revenue standpoint for the athletic department? $500? That's a pretty good reason to want more seating.

BTW, gotta think that club seating kicks the snot out of suites as far as revenue.

With a limited supply, NDSU can make more people join Team Makers to get tickets.
    It's OK to not be OK.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    What would each additional seat mean from a revenue standpoint for the athletic department? $500? That's a pretty good reason to want more seating.
    Sure, but the limited supply has allowed them to raise prices and as Hammerhead mentioned increased Team Makers memberships. So what would the net gain be? I believe they charge more per seat than just about anybody else in FCS.

There is of course a point where the cost of expansion or a new stadium makes sense. I don't know what that is, but I don't think we've hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

BTW, gotta think that club seating kicks the snot out of suites as far as revenue.
    The Forum stated it is architecturally possible to add an upper deck, somehow, to the press box sideline, which could add anywhere from 5-7k, and that's an option they are considering.

Anyone know how this could be done, and is there a precedent or an example of anything similar that's been done before? (Besides Idaho state haha)