Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Attendance

Default Re: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Could play in the Alerus for a season I suppose, or in Bismarck, or in Sioux Falls or Brookings. Pull the Angled side roofs off in the spring and start building the outter structure for the added seating. Leave the side roofs off during season 1 for a semi open air stadium for year 1. Complete the project for year 2.

Could maybe have a tarping system setup for the side roof while the outer structure is being built. Could support the entire new roof with a massive arch, like AT&T uses. The arches area (where they hit the ground) in the west tailgate area could be a stage area for ACDC to setup.

Hell, take the damn roof off and build what you need. Then add the roof . . . its not that hard. How many more rows would be needed to get to 25k, 30k?? Montana State and SDSU are passing us by for goodness sakes.

The other thing I'd do is build Luxury boxes across all 4 sides where the current seats end and the added seats start for the expansion to 25-30k. The last 4 rows of seats at the current top of the dome could be used as exterior luxury box seating. Some of this luxury box area would bused used as coaches boxes, radio, media, etc.
    Playing at other regional stadiums would never work. Not only are they too small, I highly doubt UND or Brookings (lol) would be willing to schedule around their Satudays to benefit us. So the plan would have to be completed in phases. The juice aint worth the squeeze to basically shut down for 2 years.

People keep talking about the lack of support on the east lobby as a reason. I wonder if they have tossed around the idea of demolishing the lobby? I mean yeah it would be money pissed down the toilet (it's only like 10-15 years old) but sometimes you just need to cut your losses. Its not like the lobby is so special. I think its ugly and looks like the front of fleet farm. Besides they could build a new lobby as part of the construction.

So if they did remove the lobby and add a new lobby on the other side if they could do it in 9 months? (18 months if 2 phases?)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    People keep talking about the lack of support on the east lobby as a reason. I wonder if they have tossed around the idea of demolishing the lobby? I mean yeah it would be money pissed down the toilet (it's only like 10-15 years old) but sometimes you just need to cut your losses. Its not like the lobby is so special. I think its ugly and looks like the front of fleet farm. Besides they could build a new lobby as part of the construction.
    I assume you realize that the second floor meeting/conference rooms are above the lobby and the NDSU team room and equipment room are below the lobby.

533 In a row

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

K-State just tore down their old end zone complex to build a new one. I am not saying we have that kind of money but I would be willing to bet if NDSU was able to control the new additions, private money could be raised to get it done. Ya, ya, the BSA isn't paid for. Nobody, including Donors was excited about that remodel and everyone viewed it as a necessary evil.

Besides, if the FFD is our home for the next 50 years we should start investing in it so we can get some kind of return. Tearing out the lobby and building matching suites on both sides would be a good start. If it's not our long term home, we need to put together a 10 year plan on how to build a new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I assume you realize that the second floor meeting/conference rooms are above the lobby and the NDSU team room and equipment room are below the lobby.
    Yes but I would rather relocate the offices for a year than play at Moorhead state for 2 years. I mean we've survived having out basketball team practice in a warehouse in the industrial park and our weight room in a grocery store. We could keep the cool chairs and stuff and when it's done, have an upgraded meeting room, etc. Just store then for a year and use some other space, like the wonderful grocery store or the shac

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    K-State just tore down their old end zone complex to build a new one.year plan on how to build a new stadium.
    I'll be interested to see who they appoint to construct the Brock Jensen statue for dedicating it................................................ ...............................oh yeah............and there will be fireworks after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are going to need more than 500.00 a seat to pay for a 20 million renovation.
    That's probably true, and the only Fargoans that spend that kind of hay are spending smartly on Viking tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrBison View Post
    the only Fargoans that spend that kind of hay are spending smartly on Viking tickets.
    lolwut?

10char