Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Summit Softball Tournament

Default Re: 2016 Summit Softball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We really need to upgrade the seating for the softball team. We owe it to the team who has arguably been our most successful team and we owe it to the league for the championship tournament. I know we don't get big crowds for softball but maybe we will if they can upgrade the stadium
    Yeah absolutely. This team is incredible for its location and the stadium it has. They arguable are the best team on campus and yes that includes football. I mean this program made the super regionals once (sweet 16) and the football team has never been in the top 16 in the nation because of FCS/FBS.

Pretty sure there are plans to make more changes at the field this summer. New dugouts were the beginning.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    Yeah absolutely. This team is incredible for its location and the stadium it has. They arguable are the best team on campus and yes that includes football. I mean this program made the super regionals once (sweet 16) and the football team has never been in the top 16 in the nation because of FCS/FBS.
    Stupid question...nobody is surprised anymore to see football receive top 25 votes in the entire landscape. ..but softball beats bama, way more P5 teams and is never ranked. I know they were a 2 in their pool last year but you'd think they'd get some more love?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We really need to upgrade the seating for the softball team. We owe it to the team who has arguably been our most successful team and we owe it to the league for the championship tournament. I know we don't get big crowds for softball but maybe we will if they can upgrade the stadium
    My thought exactly...a permanent grand stand with a press box would be perfect.

And are the Dakotas the last to use chain link fences? I wish we would change that as well, it looks tacky. Am I the only one that notices this...this goes for Newman Outdoor field as well. I guess being someone who has played the game and watches a ton of baseball has got me staring at a lot of ballparks and just wants a ballpark to look like a ballpark. But then again, I might be nit-picking here, I do this with most structures I see especially sports arenas and stadiums...it must be the OCD in me.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How much do the tournament championship games cost to get into?
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    How much do the tournament championship games cost to get into?
    $8...............

533 In a row

probably posted elsewhere but reliable source says new grandstand and score board

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Stupid question...nobody is surprised anymore to see football receive top 25 votes in the entire landscape. ..but softball beats bama, way more P5 teams and is never ranked. I know they were a 2 in their pool last year but you'd think they'd get some more love?
    I think it's a matter of conference. The Summit League is something like 27th out of 34 conferences in RPI and that's even with our RPI helping out the rest of the league. We try our best to beef up the schedule early but once conference play starts its all RPI killing games. Didn't help this year that the Minnesota and Wisconsin games got weathered out. It's possible for mid-majors to get respect like James Madison and UL-Lafeyette have both been top 8 teams nationally before. I think we would need to beat even more ranked teams and power 5 teams to get top 25 consideration. Despite the attempts to play tough this year we ended up only playing against 2 ranked teams (Alabama and Baylor)

Any updates from the game?