Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U of Idaho consulting report is really interesting

Default Re: U of Idaho consulting report is really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
    Per this article: http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/spor...ague/83937868/ , New Mexico State sent a survey to faculty and staff members with the following 4 choices:
    • NMSU should remain in the WAC for non-football sports and play independent FBS football after our agreement with the Sun Belt Conference expires in 2018.
    • NMSU should join the Horizon Conference for non-football sports and play independent FBS football after our agreement with the Sun Belt Conference expires in 2018.
    • NMSU should align with the Big Sky Conference, move all of our sports to this conference, and enjoy FCS football.
    • None of the above.

Horizon League seems like the obvious choice
    So obviously there is no interest in the Summit.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Per this article: http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/spor...ague/83937868/ , New Mexico State sent a survey to faculty and staff members with the following 4 choices:
    • NMSU should remain in the WAC for non-football sports and play independent FBS football after our agreement with the Sun Belt Conference expires in 2018.
    • NMSU should join the Horizon Conference for non-football sports and play independent FBS football after our agreement with the Sun Belt Conference expires in 2018.
    • NMSU should align with the Big Sky Conference, move all of our sports to this conference, and enjoy FCS football.
    • None of the above.

I'm really surprised that the Horizon is interested. I wonder if the interest is really both ways or not. The Horizon has a very tight geographic footprint that NMSU obviously doesn't fit into. Only four of the current schools are not on a Great Lake, and the furthest(NKU) is only about 190 miles from Lake Erie. OTOH, NMSU is over 1,225 miles from Lake Superior. NMSU would be the outlier to end all outliers in the Horizon.

That's a little curious to me too. Threat of someone being poached from the Horizon?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

• None of the above.

I just can't wrap my head around why any "small fish" team would have any desire to be an FBS independent. To me, the only logical choices are drop football, or join Big Sky. This is not complicated in the short term.

However, the real question is this WAC stuff in the long term as things change. As long as that avenue is open, and Big Sky has a gazillion teams, there is always going to be a threat of a shake up. But, the uncertainty of the G5/P5 plays into this, too.

I just can't figure out where all this is going.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I just can't figure out where all this is going.
    The WAC will take over the Summit and Big Sky and MVFC and split into 2 (or 4) FBS divisions, with eastern WAC and western WAC schools. The MVFC and UND will be the east, the Big Sky will be the West.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    If a single private leaves the MVC, NDSU has zero chance of getting an invite. If a single public leaves(WSU?), I think we've got a small chance.
    That may have been true in the past but, things are changin'. MVC is not pleased with the Loyola experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Moose View Post
    That may have been true in the past but, things are changin'. MVC is not pleased with the Loyola experiment.

But that doesn't necessarily change their paradigm. They can always just say they chose the wrong private(which they did).

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Those are not my words. I'll I did was copy and paste the paragraph from the report so people don't have to download a 80 page PDF file. Actually I haven't even said a single word on the topic.
    Isn't that most of the crap you spew on here? Just put your own spin on it?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

New Mexico State to go independent after 2017 season
    https://twitter.com/JPGroves/status/728265938416476160

New Mexico State to go independent after 2017 season
    https://twitter.com/JPGroves/status/728265938416476160
    They will be looking for games. Is this someone we would go play or could we get them up here? Any thoughts out there?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.