Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U of Idaho consulting report is really interesting

Default Re: U of Idaho consulting report is really interesting

kind of like post #2 did??????

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    kind of like post #2 did??????
    Funny... when I saw a quote on a 2nd post, I assumed it was a quoting the first post so I didn't read it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Funny... when I saw a quote on a 2nd post, I assumed it was a quoting the first post so I didn't read it.
    You know what they say about assumptions.....
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well, this was more accurate, even if redundant, than saying no way NDSU-Iowa game is on BTN expressing views that would land it on BTN.....that actually was your low point.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterborn View Post
    You know what they say about assumptions.....
    Well this is serious business on Bisonville.com

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well, this was more accurate, even if redundant, than saying no way NDSU-Iowa game is on BTN expressing views that would land it on BTN.....that actually was your low point.
    Life is great if that's my low point

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    No matter what the Message board fans say about the MVC never taking the Dakotas i believe they are wrong. Conferences are on Life support mode, they need to sustain, you bet your ass the MVC has had a few talks with NDSU SDSU mayeb even USD. Private BBall only schools are starting to form and head their own direction, the Valley losses WSU and maybe another private who is left?? WHy not grab state schools with a proven track record for supporting and excelling at sports offered in the MVC, who just happens to be a member of a similar named conference and associate with half the current MVC schools.

A future "new g5" conference consisting of UNI, ISU-R, ISU-B, NDSU, SDSU, MSU, SIU, USD would be a nice conference. I have no idea what would happen to WIU or YSU as I dont think WIU would have the facilities and backing to be a full MVC member.

its all speculation but I just dont see the MVC letting NDSU and SDSU get away from them easily and miss a slam dunk future addition possibility and some super stable loyal members. but strange things happen. MVC could easily take the Private moniker and the Sunnit become a FB conference not likely but you never know anymore. Every message board expert said Idaho would NEVER drop down, now we have potentially 3 more schools that it just may happen to in EMU, UMASS, NMSU.
    If a single private leaves the MVC, NDSU has zero chance of getting an invite. If a single public leaves(WSU?), I think we've got a small chance. If two publics leave(WSU & MSU?) I think we've got a very good chance(w/SDSU). If two or three privates leave, then no one knows what's going to happen.

The Valley is really happy with its public/private balance. They will try to maintain that balance if possible. Private leaves, private is invited. That's what just happened with Creighton and Loyola. Public leaves, public is invited. But if a large group of one or the other leaves at the same time, then the conference may use the opportunity to realign its mission. Two or three privates leaving at the same time would destroy the balance beyond repair. The conference could decide to go full-public at that point.

Personally, I hope NMSU decides to stay FBS as an independent. If they do that, I think we've got a shot to get them into the Summit. If they drop to FCS, it's obvious they'll go to the Big Sky. If that happens, I give the Big Sky 5 years before it breaks up. UND better hope they're on the right side of things when that happens. Could get very lonely for them if things don't go their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    If a single private leaves the MVC, NDSU has zero chance of getting an invite. If a single public leaves(WSU?), I think we've got a small chance. If two publics leave(WSU & MSU?) I think we've got a very good chance(w/SDSU). If two or three privates leave, then no one knows what's going to happen.

The Valley is really happy with its public/private balance. They will try to maintain that balance if possible. Private leaves, private is invited. That's what just happened with Creighton and Loyola. Public leaves, public is invited. But if a large group of one or the other leaves at the same time, then the conference may use the opportunity to realign its mission. Two or three privates leaving at the same time would destroy the balance beyond repair. The conference could decide to go full-public at that point.

Personally, I hope NMSU decides to stay FBS as an independent. If they do that, I think we've got a shot to get them into the Summit. If they drop to FCS, it's obvious they'll go to the Big Sky. If that happens, I give the Big Sky 5 years before it breaks up. UND better hope they're on the right side of things when that happens. Could get very lonely for them if things don't go their way.
    Like I said could go either way, but if things start to shake up in G5 and P5 anything can happen, UNI will want football, so that's where things can change, they may want to secure FB schools to stay together and protect the future.

It's a mess with no clear cut resolution that appears more and more to be coming in the G5

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Got to give SV a little credit. For the first time, there's actually a little something to back up his claims of using the WAC to lever the Big Sky into FBS. According to the Idaho report, the WAC still has the power to invite schools to FBS, even if it's no longer an active FBS conference. The WAC compliance officer contacted the NCAA as part of this report and got confirmation.

But what a nightmare that would be. The WAC would need eight football members, and they'd have to be full members, not just football affiliates. So first the WAC would need to invite seven football members back(NMSU + seven others, including Idaho), then the Big Sky would need to absorb most(all?) of the non-football WAC schools. Or maybe a third conference could be formed out of the leftovers. The version in the report would create a jumbo WAC with 18 teams, 8 WAC football schools, a 7-team football-only FCS Big Sky, and 3 non-football schools.

I still don't see it happening(if it were to happen, it would have already), but now there is a confirmed mechanism in place. Part of the plan hinges on USD jumping ship to the Big Sky and going FBS. That makes me seriously doubt the likelihood of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

Per this article: http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/spor...ague/83937868/ , New Mexico State sent a survey to faculty and staff members with the following 4 choices:
    • NMSU should remain in the WAC for non-football sports and play independent FBS football after our agreement with the Sun Belt Conference expires in 2018.
    • NMSU should join the Horizon Conference for non-football sports and play independent FBS football after our agreement with the Sun Belt Conference expires in 2018.
    • NMSU should align with the Big Sky Conference, move all of our sports to this conference, and enjoy FCS football.
    • None of the above.

Horizon League seems like the obvious choice