Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: U of Idaho consulting report is really interesting

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default U of Idaho consulting report is really interesting

Linked here. Pages 61-62 are of most interest. Basically says the WAC can still sponsor FBS football, although a lot of details. Also has specific information about current Big Sky and MVFC schools that the U of I contacted.

http://www.uidaho.edu/~/media/UIdaho...ort-final.ashx

Default Re: U of Idaho consulting report is really interesting

Collegiate Consulting has spoken with various institutions to discuss interest in the FBS
    and WAC; the synopsis of information is detailed:

 North Dakota State and South Dakota State have stated publicly they do not have
    an interest in moving to FBS. However, it appears from discussions with each school
    there is not an interest in the WAC, should it reinstate football or go with a combined
    WAC/Big Sky option. As a side note, there has been strong speculation that both
    institutions could be invited to join the Missouri Valley Conference as a full member,
    not just the MVFC.
    I dont want anything to do with a hypothetical WAC football........
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Linked here. Pages 61-62 are of most interest. Basically says the WAC can still sponsor FBS football, although a lot of details. Also has specific information about current Big Sky and MVFC schools that the U of I contacted.

http://www.uidaho.edu/~/media/UIdaho...ort-final.ashx
    Good read; I think others should read it. Sioux Volley will now be resurrecting the WAC for UN_ as they were a school they needed. Big Sky to FBS and WAC!

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I dont want anything to do with a hypothetical WAC football........
    I agree. I wonder how much of moving to the MVC is based on reality.

Fun fact:

15 Missouri Valley and Big Sky teams finished ahead of Idaho in the final 2015-16 Sagarin rankings.

36 FCS teams in all.

I agree. I wonder how much of moving to the MVC is based on reality.
    No matter what the Message board fans say about the MVC never taking the Dakotas i believe they are wrong. Conferences are on Life support mode, they need to sustain, you bet your ass the MVC has had a few talks with NDSU SDSU mayeb even USD. Private BBall only schools are starting to form and head their own direction, the Valley losses WSU and maybe another private who is left?? WHy not grab state schools with a proven track record for supporting and excelling at sports offered in the MVC, who just happens to be a member of a similar named conference and associate with half the current MVC schools.

A future "new g5" conference consisting of UNI, ISU-R, ISU-B, NDSU, SDSU, MSU, SIU, USD would be a nice conference. I have no idea what would happen to WIU or YSU as I dont think WIU would have the facilities and backing to be a full MVC member.

its all speculation but I just dont see the MVC letting NDSU and SDSU get away from them easily and miss a slam dunk future addition possibility and some super stable loyal members. but strange things happen. MVC could easily take the Private moniker and the Sunnit become a FB conference not likely but you never know anymore. Every message board expert said Idaho would NEVER drop down, now we have potentially 3 more schools that it just may happen to in EMU, UMASS, NMSU.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Good read; I think others should read it. Sioux Volley will now be resurrecting the WAC for UN_ as they were a school they needed. Big Sky to FBS and WAC!
    He already has and is making travel arrangements to the new schools.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Collegiate Consulting has spoken with various institutions to discuss interest in the FBS

 North Dakota State and South Dakota State have stated publicly they do not have
    an interest in moving to FBS. However, it appears from discussions with each school
    there is not an interest in the WAC, should it reinstate football or go with a combined
    institutions could be invited to join the Missouri Valley Conference as a full member,
    not just the MVFC.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

not just the MVFC.
    Did you seriously even read the thread? I think it's time for my extended vacation from bisonville.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Did you seriously even read the thread? I think it's time for my extended vacation from bisonville.
    Those are not my words. I'll I did was copy and paste the paragraph from the report so people don't have to download a 80 page PDF file. Actually I haven't even said a single word on the topic.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com