Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LeCompte to Chicago

Default Re: LeCompte to Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    awesome. Wish the Vikes would've nabbed him and end the Jeff Locke era.
    This......Of all the UDFAs....this is the one I thought deserved the most attention. Disappointed it wasnt to the vikes.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

YES We finally got one Yes he's gotta beat out O'Connell but I think he's got an excellent chance to stick. Punter has got to be one of the crappiest jobs in the world. Nobody really ever wants to see you hit the field but having a great one can really turn the field completely around.

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...11652431458304
    Ben had interest in the Vikes, but they weren't. I'm pretty disappointed in that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/image.php?u=1685&type=sigpic&dateline=1222838614[/url]

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good for him. I think he's got a shot at a nice career. He's a stud.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great news! He was an amazing player for the Bison. He will likely have a long career that we can continue to enjoy.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

As Packer fan this pleases me. I hope Ben gets the job and that the Bears have to use his services repeatedly.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

In the Kolpack and Izzo show Ben says why he didn't think Chicago was his best fit since their currrent is so good, but it's been his dream to play for Da Bears so bring on the competition! Great interview, btw. http://www.wday.com/radio/4022176-97...d-kolpack-izzo I also added it to the podcast thread... put aside an hour because it's really good stuff.

Not surprised at all that the Vikings did not sign him - it's more that I'd be flabbergasted if the Vikings ever sign a NDSU player.

The Vikes recruit like the Gophers. Not very well.

Glad to hear Ben gets a chance. Good luck Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    The Vikes recruit like the Gophers. Not very well.

Glad to hear Ben gets a chance. Good luck Ben.
    Right now the Vikings are having a tough time with signing UDFAs because they have the deepest roster they have had in a while. For a lot of positions, there are better opportunities out there than the Vikings. Punter is not one of them, though. I thought the Vikes would be a good fit for Ben to get a great chance to compete. Either way, Ben is going to get looked at by more than just the Bears in all of this and if coaches like someone they don't have room for in the end, they talk to other coaches.

Ben has a lot of things going for him. His stats improved every year he was a Bison. He added another feature to his game every offseason. Not only did his averages improve, his hang time significantly improved from season to season. Knowing he will work hard and can show results of his work goes a long ways. The biggest attribute was his consistency. You can roll tape on him and he was like clockwork in delivery every single time. Even the greatest punters shank a ball here and there but Ben's can be counted very easily during a time he was developing. I expect him to make it on a NFL roster for someone at some point. Punters don't necessarily make it on the first team that gives them a chance, but the first step is getting a chance and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Right now the Vikings are having a tough time with signing UDFAs because they have the deepest roster they have had in a while. For a lot of positions, there are better opportunities out there than the Vikings. Punter is not one of them, though. I thought the Vikes would be a good fit for Ben to get a great chance to compete. Either way, Ben is going to get looked at by more than just the Bears in all of this and if coaches like someone they don't have room for in the end, they talk to other coaches.

Ben has a lot of things going for him. His stats improved every year he was a Bison. He added another feature to his game every offseason. Not only did his averages improve, his hang time significantly improved from season to season. Knowing he will work hard and can show results of his work goes a long ways. The biggest attribute was his consistency. You can roll tape on him and he was like clockwork in delivery every single time. Even the greatest punters shank a ball here and there but Ben's can be counted very easily during a time he was developing. I expect him to make it on a NFL roster for someone at some point. Punters don't necessarily make it on the first team that gives them a chance, but the first step is getting a chance and making the most of it.
    At least he is getting a chance to show all the things you mentioned.