Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene to interview for Gophers job

Default Re: Gene to interview for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Culture? Some of you ND guys are so freakin' naive. This would absolutely be a dream job for Taylor. Top 20 in revenue and almost no success = holy potential. This message board is so hard to read sometimes, you can't even get out of your own ways.
    I'm not disagreeing with you...just made me think of a floundering company I worked for at one time...they wanted to change the culture. We no longer had problems, we had opportunities. Teh Gophers have a lot of opportunities.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you...just made me think of a floundering company I worked for at one time...they wanted to change the culture. We no longer had problems, we had opportunities. Teh Gophers have a lot of opportunities.
    Seems like some of the male staff in the athletic department see nothing but "opportunities" with every lady around.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We no longer had problems, we had opportunities. Teh Gophers have a lot of opportunities.
    Ive heard that at work as well. When I hear it something goes wrong with my eyes and they keep rolling back in my head. I may take the opportunity to get them looked at.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    This times 1000. They already have their minds made up, the interviews are just a formality.

Get rid of a sexual harassing pervert and replace him with a woman. The only viable option.
    In a politically correct utopia

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Great to hear. However, I hope he doesn't get it. As powerful as an AD can be, I don't think they'd allow him to restructure things the way it needs to be done to correct everything that is going wrong there. I think Gene deserves better. But I also hope he achieves his dream job.
    "I hope he doesnt get it, I hope he gets it, they dont want success by getting things done correctly", WTF?

GT left NDSU for a job that nobody knew even existed for a school in the same conference as MN. why the hell would he not want to be the head man at said school? wait dont answer that because your reasoning is going to be stupid and a waste of everybody's time as they read it.

Don't forget when he left to take that job he flat out said his dream was to be a P5 AD and that he thought it would help him accomplish that. I'm not surprised he applied for this job at all, I'm surprised it took this long for us to find out that he did, and I hope he gets it because Gene deserves to live his dream.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Don't forget when he left to take that job he flat out said his dream was to be a P5 AD and that he thought it would help him accomplish that. I'm not surprised he applied for this job at all, I'm surprised it took this long for us to find out that he did, and I hope he gets it because Gene deserves to live his dream.
    He is a good man and deserves a shot at his dream. Not really happy it is with the gophs but take the shot when you get it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    This times 1000. They already have their minds made up, the interviews are just a formality.

Get rid of a sexual harassing pervert and replace him with a woman. The only viable option.
    Yep, the progressives in Minnesota will ignore the best qualified and put a woman in the AD spot to fix all the wrongs by the prior douchebag. Go ahead Minnesota.......keep floundering. To continue my non PC rant, I don't understand why the MVFC has a woman in charge of a conference that has all male athletes in an all male sport. Add to that she does a terrible job. And yes, I know there are plenty of men who coach women's sports, but that is just a supply and demand thing. There are likely some men who do a terrible job coaching women's sports and they should be replaced (preferably by a woman if she is the best candidate).

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Yep, the progressives in Minnesota will ignore the best qualified and put a woman in the AD spot to fix all the wrongs by the prior douchebag. Go ahead Minnesota.......keep floundering. To continue my non PC rant, I don't understand why the MVFC has a woman in charge of a conference that has all male athletes in an all male sport. Add to that she does a terrible job. And yes, I know there are plenty of men who coach women's sports, but that is just a supply and demand thing. There are likely some men who do a terrible job coaching women's sports and they should be replaced (preferably by a woman if she is the best candidate).
    Preach brother.
    College of Business Alumnus

Gene is my boy but now way he gets it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?