Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene to interview for Gophers job

Default Re: Gene to interview for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Just think if GT were to become the AD for MN........Oh CB you should have not burned that bridge. Wait whats that mean for CK??????
    That's exactly what I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    They've got that backwards... Gene Taylor should be interviewing them.
    I agree 1000%, but making Goetz the permanent AD makes everything all good following Teague.

This times 1000. They already have their minds made up, the interviews are just a formality.

Get rid of a sexual harassing pervert and replace him with a woman. The only viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    They've got that backwards... Gene Taylor should be interviewing them.
    Must spread rep

Culture? Some of you ND guys are so freakin' naive. This would absolutely be a dream job for Taylor. Top 20 in revenue and almost no success = holy potential. This message board is so hard to read sometimes, you can't even get out of your own ways.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Culture? Some of you ND guys are so freakin' naive. This would absolutely be a dream job for Taylor. Top 20 in revenue and almost no success = holy potential. This message board is so hard to read sometimes, you can't even get out of your own ways.
    If GT gets the job at least he will have an early retirement from being a AD with a pocket full of money so I would be happy for him.

Who you callin' you?
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

I know right? One of the best jobs to have in the country.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I know right? One of the best jobs to have in the country.
    I'm not denying it's one of the "best" jobs in the country as far as ADs go. The issue is can the AD gather enough power into a pile to make the changes necessary to make Minnesota a top notch program that it's revenues should be creating. I don't want to see GT fail and UofM job has failure written all over it before even starting. Seems it's a place where "good" coaches/ADs etc go to get ruined. Jerry Kill did gather a bit of steam with the FB program hopefully Claeys can continue. With all the issues facing the department the past few years I just don't know if AD is going to get enough rein to "fix" it like he had the reins here at NDSU to move us to Div I/FCS. If he gets the job there, I truly hope he succeeds because it could reflect well on NDSU in we were the ones that gave him a chance to get to where he is at now. He may see it as a challenge. I'm sure he understands the forces at work and that's part of the interview process, whoever said probably isn't so far off. He's likely interviewing them too on what he will and will not be doing.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Just think if GT were to become the AD for MN........Oh CB you should have not burned that bridge. Wait whats that mean for CK??????
    I don't think that would just affect CK. We've got some other great coaches and some of those have fairly long track records now that could easily be pulled, i.e. softball, track, etc.