Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene to interview for Gophers job

Default Gene to interview for Gophers job

Gene is interviewing for the AD job.
    Will they play us then??

http://m.startribune.com/nine-names-...rch/377478231/
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Default Re: Gene to interview for Gophers job

Great news for Gene. On one hand I hope he gets it, but on the other it would probably mean that stronger UM programs probably hurt us in the long run.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Gene is interviewing for the AD job.
    Will they play us then??

http://m.startribune.com/nine-names-...rch/377478231/
    Considering that no B1G teams are supposed to schedule those games anymore...I imagine not.
    College of Business Alumnus

Great to hear. However, I hope he doesn't get it. As powerful as an AD can be, I don't think they'd allow him to restructure things the way it needs to be done to correct everything that is going wrong there. I think Gene deserves better. But I also hope he achieves his dream job.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Great to hear. However, I hope he doesn't get it. As powerful as an AD can be, I don't think they'd allow him to restructure things the way it needs to be done to correct everything that is going wrong there. I think Gene deserves better. But I also hope he achieves his dream job.
    He deserves better than a P5 AD position at one of the biggest schools(also a Land-Grant) in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    He deserves better than a P5 AD position at one of the biggest schools(also a Land-Grant) in the country?
    He deserves better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    He deserves better.

better than a top 20 athletic program in terms of revenue? Minnesota has buckets of potential. Would be a fantastic job to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    better than a top 20 athletic program in terms of revenue? Minnesota has buckets of potential. Would be a fantastic job to have.
    All that revenue, nothing to show for it. They hold themselves back and they'd hold Gene back. I wish better for him as I stated before.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

All that revenue, nothing to show for it. They hold themselves back and they'd hold Gene back. I wish better for him as I stated before.
    Their culture sucks

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Isn't it the Athletic Director's job to get the right people in the right positions and get to work?