Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Klieman signs a 6-year contract

Default Re: Klieman signs a 6-year contract

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    One pretty amazing stat from that GoBison release is that NDSU is 17-2 against FCS top 25 teams under Klieman (I'm assuming they're using the FCS coaches poll). That's amazing considering he's only coached 31 games for NDSU. Throw in the FBS game and that means 20 of the 31 games he's coaches have been against FCS top 25 caliber opponents. They definitely haven't taken the easy route his first two years.
    This is a great stat right here - pretty impressive

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I say we fire him before he gets a chance to leave.
    I like how you think. Be proactive rather than reactive.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

My guess he got new raise structure but NDSU added higher buyout clauses, which will be pretty much the norm until someone decides they want him bad enough to pay the buyout clause. Didn't Wyoming pay for Bohl's buyout, remember he renewed to a 6 year or something contract just prior to that last season too which made some of us kind of think he was possibly interested in sticking around long term as he'd been there for 7-8 years already? These extensions only allow the coach to tell the kids they're recruiting that I'm contracted for 6 years, doesn't mean he'll be around that long.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    My guess he got new raise structure but NDSU added higher buyout clauses, which will be pretty much the norm until someone decides they want him bad enough to pay the buyout clause. Didn't Wyoming pay for Bohl's buyout, remember he renewed to a 6 year or something contract just prior to that last season too which made some of us kind of think he was possibly interested in sticking around long term as he'd been there for 7-8 years already? These extensions only allow the coach to tell the kids they're recruiting that I'm contracted for 6 years, doesn't mean he'll be around that long.
    If I recall correctly, the buyout for Bohl's contract was different for P5 and non-P5 (or might've been considered BCS and non-BCS at the time) and the buyout for non-P5 was pretty trivial like 100K whereas the buyout for a P5 was much larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If I recall correctly, the buyout for Bohl's contract was different for P5 and non-P5 (or might've been considered BCS and non-BCS at the time) and the buyout for non-P5 was pretty trivial like 100K whereas the buyout for a P5 was much larger.
    Klieman's old contact had a $320,000 buyout until January of 2017. It would be reduced to $150,000 yearly after wards. I would imagine the buyout went up again post January 2017. This is a way to fend off the lower end FBS teams. I would imagine the P5 teams could pay off that buyout and more.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    It was interesting to see the news go across the bottom of the screen "news scroll" on ESPN 2 over lunch. Who woulda thought an NDSU coach signing an extension would warrant any note on ESPN.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    That's actually from STATS. just picked up on ESPN on their wire.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Former NDSU intramural athlete.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How much did Bohl make at NDSU when he left?

Klieman's Year 1 Salary looks like:
    300k annual
    50k bonuses
    25k appearance fee
    65k media appearance

=440k

No provision for portion of ticket sales or anything else that I could find.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That puts him 110th of 127 in the FBS according to 2015 compensation.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

EDIT: Lowest FBS is Kansas at 800k