Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Klieman signs a 6-year contract

Default Re: Klieman signs a 6-year contract

The thing that always rubbed me the wrong way was the way Bohl treated Kleiman and Gene on the way out. Bohl cared about Bohl and not about NDSU. With the way Bohl handled all the recruiting information it is my opinion that if Kleiman had not stayed Bohl would have decimated that NDSU recruiting class. He viewed those players as being committed to him and not to the NDSU Program.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    the 2013 team was so good they didnt need coaches
    ^^^ THIS quit with the BOHL hate... dude built this dynasty!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The thing that always rubbed me the wrong way was the way Bohl treated Kleiman and Gene on the way out. Bohl cared about Bohl and not about NDSU. With the way Bohl handled all the recruiting information it is my opinion that if Kleiman had not stayed Bohl would have decimated that NDSU recruiting class. He viewed those players as being committed to him and not to the NDSU Program.
    Yeah, I think that was his plan. If he had gotten coach K there would be nobody left to secure our recruits. GT would have had to hire externally, which due to state laws would have taken sometime.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    From the smoke I've seen I think it centers all around the recruiting information and bringing in recruits that weren't ever going to be at NDSU. And Bohl/Taylor had a rift because speculating Bohl felt gypped by Taylor convincing Klieman to stay. Thankfully for Bison nation this happened otherwise we could have seen an entire recruiting class essentially gone. Wasn't there one of the assistants too that stuck around and helped Klieman? Also keeping Kramer was huge didn't Bohl try to convince him too?

Oddly the whole mistake maybe was having Taylor let the team vote on whether to let Bohl stay, and they did. He probably should have said he's out the door but the assistants had to stay then could do whatever? Not sure that would have worked either. Oddly with all the inside knowledge Grant Olson and Brock Jenson still seem to look up to Bohl a lot too? Grant until this year was a GA in Wyoming...

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    From the smoke I've seen I think it centers all around the recruiting information and bringing in recruits that weren't ever going to be at NDSU. And Bohl/Taylor had a rift because speculating Bohl felt gypped by Taylor convincing Klieman to stay. Thankfully for Bison nation this happened otherwise we could have seen an entire recruiting class essentially gone. Wasn't there one of the assistants too that stuck around and helped Klieman? Also keeping Kramer was huge didn't Bohl try to convince him too?

Oddly the whole mistake maybe was having Taylor let the team vote on whether to let Bohl stay, and they did. He probably should have said he's out the door but the assistants had to stay then could do whatever? Not sure that would have worked either. Oddly with all the inside knowledge Grant Olson and Brock Jenson still seem to look up to Bohl a lot too? Grant until this year was a GA in Wyoming...
    Nick Goeser has been with NDSU since 2010 and Conor Riley joined the Bison in 2013 - Bohl's final year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

From my understanding, there was a split in the locker room about supporting Bohl as well. The younger guys were Klieman supporters with the older/seniors being Bohl guys. Could be wrong though.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    From my understanding, there was a split in the locker room about supporting Bohl as well. The younger guys were Klieman supporters with the older/seniors being Bohl guys. Could be wrong though.
    I believe so, I'm pretty sure Jeff mentioned that in his book too, but not sure if he worded it younger/older. Might have been more defensive/offensive but at that time I think the offensive players group leaders might had the age compared to defensive group leaders?

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw an old 2012 game at which Bohl had just signed a new multi-year contract. His comment was to ESPN reporters was that he had a long term contract and just loved it in Fargo. Implication was he was here for the long haul. My friend with Univ. of Wyoming ties, told me virtually the same thing this year. Bohl has a long term contract and just loved living in Wyoming. Not so fast my friend, I've heard this before. Told him, give him two good years and he's gone. Surprise, my friend doesn't believe me.

Had the same thoughts while watching the game. Seems like living in Fargo would not be all that great but he does get kids to come there for football. Also could not help but wonder what Hauck thought while he watched the game--here he is going to be in one of the most beautiful towns in North America to live in, with a Cadillac stadium, rabid fan base and a 44 million dollar athletic training facility and players reported to eagerly run through a wall for him. Who is better off?
    https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78839
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Sure it's a beautiful town, in the middle of fucking nowhere.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯