Thread: SDSU's Johnston encouraging league to schedule tougher.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default SDSU's Johnston encouraging league to schedule tougher.

Aaron Johnston had it right on all the way from the earliest days of the D1 transition. His 2004-05 team traveled to Paradise (Virgin Islands) to play Rutgers, Oregon State and defeat Kentucky, journeyed out to play the Women of Troy in Cali, the Boilers in East Lafeyette, the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa, and OK State in Stillwater. He's asking the rest of the league to schedule P5 teams to raise the league RPI and likely, in so doing, the prospects o a better ball player entering the league.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...-summit-needed
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Default Re: SDSU's Johnston encouraging league to schedule tougher.

I'm all about excellence, but I don't think our program is ready to run the gauntlet.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I'm all about excellence, but I don't think our program is ready to run the gauntlet.
    Maybe when we can not lose to sdsu by 50 it will make sense. Although this team needs to play the best to beat the best so I agree

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Nsic is a tough schedule for us

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Nsic is a tough schedule for us
    LOL

But Johnston is right. The 04-05 schedule set a good pace for them apparently.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    LOL

But Johnston is right. The 04-05 schedule set a good pace for them apparently.
    Your darn right that Johnston is right. Last year SDSU was a 6 seed that got seeded a 12, due to Summit SOS. We've got to step it up. Ndsu is a mess right now, and he's talking to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Your darn right that Johnston is right. Last year SDSU was a 6 seed that got seeded a 12, due to Summit SOS. We've got to step it up. Ndsu is a mess right now, and he's talking to us.
    agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Anna Goodhope, Sara Jacobson, Rylee Nudell, Tyrah Spencer, Liz Bulver, Reilly Jacobson & Autumn Ogden starring in Magniffy 7

image.jpg

Well, something to build on anyways......
    Hey, there is a remake of M7 coming, Denzel Washington & Chris Pratt & the gang......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=deSRpSn8Pyk

Can the Magniffy 7 rescue Bisonville Villagers from the cellar of the Summit?
    All the while fending off Jiant Jackrabbits and Crafty Coyotes......
    Last edited by bruinbison; 04-23-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Anna Goodhope, Sara Jacobson, Rylee Nudell, Tyrah Spencer, Liz Bulver, Reilly Jacobson & Autumn Ogden starring in Magniffy 7

image.jpg

Well, something to build on anyways......
    Hey, there is a remake of M7 coming, Denzel Washington & Chris Pratt & the gang......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=deSRpSn8Pyk

Can the Magniffy 7 rescue Bisonville Villagers from the cellar of the Summit?
    All the while fending off Jiant Jackrabbits and Crafty Coyotes......
    U r joking

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    We've got to step it up. NDSU is a mess right now, and he's talking to us.
    Bison need a lot more talent than what they've had the last bunch of years.