Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Rogers Nelson has died

Default Re: Prince Rogers Nelson has died

Dang it. Prince was awesome. He left quite a legacy though.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    TMZ reporting he was treated for drug overdose 6 days before.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince...overdose-dead/
    Well he didn't look well in some of his more recent photos. Whether from chronic illness or drugs (could be legal or illegal obviously) or both, it's very sad.

In that story they mention the "save shot", that would most likely be naloxone. That is the drug that the area here has been needing to use more often to treat people with heroin overdoses. Another possible save drug that is used is call flumazenil. That drug is used to reverse the effects of benzodiazapine type sedatives like Valium, Ativan, and others. People are commonly on those to treat chronic anxiety like conditions.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Well he didn't look well in some of his more recent photos. Whether from chronic illness or drugs (could be legal or illegal obviously) or both, it's very sad.

In that story they mention the "save shot", that would most likely be naloxone. That is the drug that the area here has been needing to use more often to treat people with heroin overdoses. Another possible save drug that is used is call flumazenil. That drug is used to reverse the effects of benzodiazapine type sedatives like Valium, Ativan, and others. People are commonly on those to treat chronic anxiety like conditions.
    In the tmz report they said opiates. Are opiates commonly used to treat anxiety? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Don't know a lot about drugs.

I must say though...if it turns out to be he was abusing drugs...I have a hard time feeling sad about it.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

In the tmz report they said opiates. Are opiates commonly used to treat anxiety? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Don't know a lot about drugs.

I must say though...if it turns out to be he was abusing drugs...I have a hard time feeling sad about it.
    I missed the opiate part. No they are not given directly for anxiety related diagnoses.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Just watched the whole thing. I don't think I had ever seen it. There have been a lot of crappy SB halftime shows since though. Princes was awesome.
    BEST I've ever seen. Honestly, and they've had rock banks, he out rocked them all.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    BEST I've ever seen. Honestly, and they've had rock banks, he out rocked them all.
    No doubt. I'm not a huge Prince fan but that was the only Super Bowl halftime show that made me go "wow" in a good way.

I hated a lot more of his music than I liked. But the stuff I did like is essentially the soundtrack of the 80's to me. Odd guy for sure but pure original and always true to himself and to Minnesota.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easy to say and judge. Some of that crap gets you hooked the first dose. How many of us could have been drunk at a party and succumbed to, "hey, try this?"

Time to start treating drug abuse like the disease that it is, and feel just as sad as if someone died of a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Dang it. Prince was awesome. He left quite a legacy though.
    Fortunately according to local reports there is a substantial remaining, and to the rest of us undiscovered, legacy in his Paisley Park vault. Hundreds and hundreds of tapes of unreleased songs that will no doubt hit the airwaves in months to come.

TMZ reporting he was treated for drug overdose 6 days before.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince...overdose-dead/
    It's TMZ so I won't believe it. They pride themselves on slander. Not saying it's not true but the source sucks pretty bad.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post

That's why people should just smoke weed instead of hard opiates or legal garbage. Would save millions of lives.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com