Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Rogers Nelson has died

Default Re: Prince Rogers Nelson has died

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I had been to a few concerts of his. Always fun how much he is into it. I was sneaking Prince music in the house since his second album until I was an adult. I could get lost in his music for days. I loved his early stuff because it was raw. He threw a lot of pop songs in there but mixed it up with a lot of great music along the way. It felt a lot of times he was putting albums together other people wanted and snuck in some great music he wanted to play.

Some of my favorite songs were more on the pop side, but they were brilliant. Adore, The Beautiful Ones, Sign o' the Times, Purple Rain, and If I was your Girlfriend. He could write in just about any style he wanted to. The proof is in the hits he wrote for others.

What I found interesting about him is when he was off on strange tangents in life, it wasn't for publicity. He was doing his own thing. Whether it was religion, music, film, or whatever; very rarely did it seem like he much cared if anyone liked it as long as he did. He was strange because he was strange, not because there was a pay off. While many do appreciate his ability with the guitar, I have always thought he was seriously underrated. A lot of it was because he liked his heavy fusion funk foundation to carry the rhythm and his playing was often understated. He didn't have to show he was good, he just was. If it didn't make sense musically, there was no room for it.

I do know that no one gets out of here alive and he left quite the legacy at a fairly young age.
    I always placed his guitar right up there with the very best. I really enjoyed his music from the complicated to the simple....he wrote so many good songs. Such a talent...its a sad day

NFL network gonna air the Superbowl performance shortly I think.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Such a baller.

Purple Rain guitar solo gave me goose bumps watching that. Awesome

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Why do all the good artists and musical geniuses die? Why can't the shitty ones die?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Just watched the whole thing. I don't think I had ever seen it. There have been a lot of crappy SB halftime shows since though. Princes was awesome.

What a kick in the sack. I drove by Paisley at like 930 this morning,saw the responders and never in a million years did I think Prince would be dead in there. 57 damn years old. Wtf man?!
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    What a kick in the sack. I drove by Paisley at like 930 this morning,saw the responders and never in a million years did I think Prince would be dead in there. 57 damn years old. Wtf man?!
    Yep. My husband works near there and said the helicopters were circling all afternoon presumably filming for various stories....crazy... may he rest in peace....

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    There was a rainbow over it this afternoon. Twitter went wild
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

TMZ reporting he was treated for drug overdose 6 days before.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince...overdose-dead/

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    but if you did not realize how much of a musical genius he was, you were not paying attention.
    Didn't Kanye say that about himself?
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl