Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Rogers Nelson has died

Default Prince Rogers Nelson has died

Geez............

One of the most prolific artists in pop music had passed away at the age of 57.
    Apparently had some sort of severe flu last week and his jet made an emergency landing in Moline, IL.
    He made the claim to his fans the next day that he was OK and even performed.

According to this article.........still a lot of unknowns.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/2...t-57/21348758/

Put the Minneapolis style of music on the map in the early 80s. Hard to believe he's gone.

Default Re: Prince Rogers Nelson has died

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life." - Prince RIP

Say what you want about Prince and his music, but if you did not realize how much of a musical genius he was, you were not paying attention. Hell, he was even one of the great living guitar players and many do not even realize this!

RIP Prince

I'm here to tell you there is something else the afterworld.

RIP

Shit, was just listening to Prince yesterday or the other day.. Minnesota just lost probably its most popular resident ever.

He was a bad ass in many ways, but wow he had some awesome style that only he could pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Say what you want about Prince and his music, but if you did not realize how much of a musical genius he was, you were not paying attention. Hell, he was even one of the great living guitar players and many do not even realize this!

RIP Prince
    I just posted in What are you listening to…his guitar solo performance on "While my guitar gently weeps" from his 2004 Hall of Fame Induction. It is one of the best examples of his guitar skills that you can find. His solo of course comes at the end of this classic song.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Nuff said...

Eric Clapton was asked about how it felt to be the world's best guitarist.

His response: "I don't know. Ask Prince".
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

This guy (Barry Gordy's son) on cnn seems pretty happy and smiley for losing someone so close.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I had been to a few concerts of his. Always fun how much he is into it. I was sneaking Prince music in the house since his second album until I was an adult. I could get lost in his music for days. I loved his early stuff because it was raw. He threw a lot of pop songs in there but mixed it up with a lot of great music along the way. It felt a lot of times he was putting albums together other people wanted and snuck in some great music he wanted to play.

Some of my favorite songs were more on the pop side, but they were brilliant. Adore, The Beautiful Ones, Sign o' the Times, Purple Rain, and If I was your Girlfriend. He could write in just about any style he wanted to. The proof is in the hits he wrote for others.

What I found interesting about him is when he was off on strange tangents in life, it wasn't for publicity. He was doing his own thing. Whether it was religion, music, film, or whatever; very rarely did it seem like he much cared if anyone liked it as long as he did. He was strange because he was strange, not because there was a pay off. While many do appreciate his ability with the guitar, I have always thought he was seriously underrated. A lot of it was because he liked his heavy fusion funk foundation to carry the rhythm and his playing was often understated. He didn't have to show he was good, he just was. If it didn't make sense musically, there was no room for it.

I do know that no one gets out of here alive and he left quite the legacy at a fairly young age.

Such a baller.

I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie