Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ring #5?

Default Re: Ring #5?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My last ring had 7 diamonds, representing 7 NCs at the time. It's the players' ring, not the fucking fans'. This discussion pisses me off a bit!!
    Players should have 100% input.

My last ring had 7 diamonds, representing 7 NCs at the time. It's the players' ring, not the fucking fans'. This discussion pisses me off a bit!!
    Would NDSU have won 5 straight national championships without the crowd noise of the dome?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Would NDSU have won 5 straight national championships without the crowd noise of the dome?

Fan support, both audible and financial, is of course important to any team, and certainly played a role in the success of the Bison over these many years. Would we have won 5 without the benefit of the crowd noise in the dome? Who knows? It certainly didn't hurt.

But until we fans start showing up at 5 AM to lift weights every day, carry a full credit load PLUS athletic responsibilities, and put our physical health on the line every season... (and I don't mean by curling one too many Jaegarbombs)... then I believe the championship rings to be an entitlement that should be reserved solely for the players. They should have input into the design, and they should be the only ones allowed to wear them.

God knows they've earned them.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Regardless, that still doesn't make the ring the fans'. Effing stupid!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Regardless, that still doesn't make the ring the fans'. Effing stupid!!
    Should fans wear a national championship shirt/hat? I don't. Wtf is the difference? Anyone with half a brain know the coaches/players did the work and the fans paid the bills that allowed it to happen.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Fan support, both audible and financial, is of course important to any team, and certainly played a role in the success of the Bison over these many years. Would we have won 5 without the benefit of the crowd noise in the dome? Who knows? It certainly didn't hurt.

But until we fans start showing up at 5 AM to lift weights every day, carry a full credit load PLUS athletic responsibilities, and put our physical health on the line every season... (and I don't mean by curling one too many Jaegarbombs)... then I believe the championship rings to be an entitlement that should be reserved solely for the players. They should have input into the design, and they should be the only ones allowed to wear them.

God knows they've earned them.
    And...they have to earn their spot on the team, then show, everyday, that they are simply part of the "team" no matter how much individual talent each might have. As you said...the "ONLY" ones who should wear them!

Seriously, how many times are we going to get scolded for discussing things as fans?

Biting hands and all that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope we have the opportunity to have the same discussion next year.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I hope we have the opportunity to have the same discussion next year.
    This.

Having said that...any fan who wears one of these is a giant tool.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I could see having the replicas sitting in a shelf together in a mancave or something. I don't think I'd do it personally, maybe if I had all 13.

What else would a fan do with one? Are people actually wearing these?
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.