Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Outdoor Track & Field Off to a Roaring Start

Default Re: 2016 Outdoor Track & Field Off to a Roaring Start

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Thanks...I was just curious if one owned a top time but failed to place in the NC if one would have earned AA status. Also, I know there are qualifying tournaments etc., but was also wondering if one owns the top time/distance does one receive an auto bid to the NC?
    There were some good posts in a prior thread explaining how this works, how one becomes an All-American in Indoor T & F, Outdoor T & F, and in Cross-Country. It is a little confusing and it is hard to find information on it. However that thread apparently has been deleted, could not find it.

This is a shorter version for outdoor AA status in T & F: the national meet is held over two weekends. The first weekend consists of an eastern regional and a western regional (NDSU is in the western). The top times and distances (in www.tfrrs.org ?) qualify for these regionals - I think it is the top 24 in the east and the top 24 from the west go to their regionals. Relay events, it is a lower number (top 12?)

The top finishers in the west regional and the east regional advance to the second and final weekend. I don't remember how many, I think it is top 12. In the final weekend, the top 8 finishers are 1st team All-American. The next 8 are second team All-American. All others that make it to the final weekend are Honorable Mention.

Some great performances this year on both mens and womens side.

Javelin, Shot Put, and woman's 5000m/1500m come to mind.

It is almost like expecting a new school record every couple of weeks, which is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    In particular..............the throwers:

If these performances keep ramping up throughout the entire season, then thrower's coach Justin St. Clair has to be in the discussion for national assistant coach of the year.
    USTFCCCA Midwest Region Assistant Coach of the Year for Coach St. Clair...........Very much deserved!