Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Default McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Sounds like ML is looking for 1 big donor to fund Alston Payments. Basically up to $5,980 year for academic achievement. Teams can set their own standards. Example it could be $5,980 a year for a 4.0 or for a 2.0. It could be 3k for a 3.0

I doubt they could fund all athletes in all sports at the max level at easy attainment levels, since there are 562 across all sports and that's over 3 million a year. We are already funding a Full Cost of Attendance stipend of $3,600 for every scholarship player or half for a half scholly

But if we can get a million bucks in the athletic budget, do half for men and half for women, a sport like football could get 400 grand. That could fund 100 players at 4 grand or 66 players at the max amount. It could take a player on a half scholarship player and essentially make it a full ride in year 2. It could do wonders for walk ons. It would be huge for all sports

Gotta remember, players already get a $3,600 stipend for cost of attendance. The Collective does a payment for services. This on top of that would be quite the retention tool to encourage good grades and a recruiting tool

Teammakers is scholarships and some building projects although some day the hope is the athletic endowment will cover scholarships

The Collective is NIL payments and endorsements.

Alston would be separate

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...s-for-athletes
    Last edited by HerdBot; 02-21-2024 at 06:33 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

this whole thing is just weird to me bros
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm turning into a boomer and it seems like the whole world is weird sometimes. All of these different ways to pay amateur student-athletes is getting confusing.
    It's OK to not be OK.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am ready to go back to school and try out for athletics after reading all the ways athletes get paid. Maybe soccer. I can still do a cartwheel.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Sounds like ML is looking for donors to fund Alston Payments. Basically up to $5,980 year for academic achievement. Teams can set their own standards. Example it could be $5,980 a year for a 4.0 or for a 2.0. It could be 3k for a 3.0

I doubt they could fund all athletes in all sports at the max level at easy attainment levels, since there are 562 across all sports and that's over 3 million a year. We are already funding a Full Cost of Attendance stipend of $3,600 for every scholarship player or half for a half scholly

But if we can get a million bucks in the athletic budget, do half for men and half for women, a sport like football could get 400 grand. That could fund 100 players at 4 grand or 66 players at the max amount. It could take a player on a half scholarship player and essentially make it a full ride in year 2. It could do wonders for walk ons. It would be huge for all sports

Gotta remember, players already get a $3,600 stipend for cost of attendance. The Collective does a payment for services. This on top of that would be quite the retention tool to encourage good grades and a recruiting tool

Teammakers is scholarships and some building projects although some day the hope is the athletic endowment will cover scholarships

The Collective is NIL payments and endorsements.

Alston would be separate

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...s-for-athletes
    I would rather use the Alston payment on the Olympic sports then Football and Basketball. An extra $6000 a year would be a huge recruiting tool for CC/T&F, Softball, Wrestling, W Soccer, Volleyball and Baseball . We are struggling big time in most of those sports and if we want to move up to FBS some day, we have to be a more well rounded Athletic department. The impact would be immediate.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I would rather use the Alston payment on the Olympic sports then Football and Basketball. An extra $6000 a year would be a huge recruiting tool for CC/T&F, Softball, Wrestling, W Soccer, Volleyball and Baseball . We are struggling big time in most of those sports and if we want to move up to FBS some day, we have to be a more well rounded Athletic department. The impact would be immediate.
    Title 9 probably requires even distribution since it's through NDSU. I could see each team getting a pool with coaches deciding how to distribute funds. But I agree, olympic sports would see a big benefit

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Lakes neg repped me for putting McFeelys title in the name

Last edited by HerdBot; 02-24-2024 at 12:31 AM.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If it is funded by donations that were intended for this I see no issues, other than hustling prospects for donations. Who does that and how are those people compensated?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I dont think this is going to last very long at this level of sports. Just my opinion.
    College of Business Alumnus

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont think this is going to last very long at this level of sports. Just my opinion.
    People grow weary of constantly being bombarded for donations. Every well is only so deep.