Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach Freddy Coleman Resigned

Default Re: Assistant Coach Freddy Coleman Resigned

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    So, now who are we going to give the gameBest Dressed Award to?
    BN11, what say you???
    Anyone with the proper color gray suit with the proper color brown shoes. Don't care who it is, but they better not screw it up. Any of then take me golfing this summer and I'll be much more lenient.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's weird logic. In my opinion a program is in much better shape by retaining talent. The football team has greatly benefitted by having the same staff return year after year. Bohl struggled when he changed assistant coaches as often as he changed underwear. It was such a problem, he built into his contract that his assistant coaches had to be paid in the top tier of the country. And in Klieman's case, he was smart because he brought in a bunch of guys who knew the system and recruiting. Heck between Klieman, Goeser, Polasek, Riley, and Roehl... that was a 5 man Bison staff who knew exactly what we were about and won Championships. Guys like Entz, Cain, Austin, and Hedberg now fit in like a glove.

Basketball isn't football but it's still similar in recruiting and continuity
    NDSU's philosophy with basketball program seems to have been different ... and yet successful. I believe there are 4 or 5 former NDSU head coaches coaching elsewhere ... several of them at high profile Power 6 schools. NDSU has built a nice continuity program where they've promoted from within. There is a lot of successful former coaches. Don't get me wrong continuity is important and can have long term effects on recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    So, now who are we going to give the gameBest Dressed Award to?
    BN11, what say you???
    The basketball manager!

Official announcement on Henderson...

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/4/2...completed.aspx

I'm not so sure Henderson is the top assistant there. Sounds to me like Klinkefus was Otzelberger's "top priority" and I thought he was Nagy's top assistant so you'd think that he would at least retain that same position for staying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm not so sure Henderson is the top assistant there. Sounds to me like Klinkefus was Otzelberger's "top priority" and I thought he was Nagy's top assistant so you'd think that he would at least retain that same position for staying on.
    Henderson is the top assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    Henderson is the top assistant, in Brookings.
    Not sure if this is a move up
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Well everyone the good news is we still have the coaches that recruited every player on the team!

Rumor on the ORU message board earlier this week that Golden Eagles assistant coach Kyan Brown is leaving for a similar position at NDSU, but so far have been unable to confirm it.

You guys heard anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Titan View Post
    Rumor on the ORU message board earlier this week that Golden Eagles assistant coach Kyan Brown is leaving for a similar position at NDSU, but so far have been unable to confirm it.

You guys heard anything about it?
    He tweeted about leaving and thanking ORU