Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach Freddy Coleman Resigned

Default Re: Assistant Coach Freddy Coleman Resigned

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's embarrassing for our program to lose an assistant to a conference foe for a lateral move. Program has so much work to do in terms of retaining talent
    Top asst is a step up, and that's what he left for. Good luck to him.

That's embarrassing for our program to lose an assistant to a conference foe for a lateral move. Program has so much work to do in terms of retaining talent
    #1 assistant spot just like Jayden.
    Going to work for a very good friend he got to know when they were at Iowa State together.

Losing anyone to an in-conference rival hurts but this move is/was a no-brainer.

Random Henderson story. Around the time he got hired he came to the coaches caravan in Roseville. He sat down and started talking to us and we ended up talking about kids because one of his kids was graduating from preschool or something like that and he was missing it. At the end of the conversation he asked me for my address because he wanted to send my then 2 year old son a novelty NDSU recruiting certificate. You know, like pilots give wings to kids on an airplane. I thought that was pretty cool of him.

He never sent it. Not a big deal. But it just always left an impression with me. I wish him well unless its against NDSU.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Always enjoyed chatting with Hendo and he always brought good energy. Does hurt that he is going to SDSU but top asst with a close friend is good deal.

Will be interesting to see how our staff shakes out now and what it's timetable is.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Random Henderson story. Around the time he got hired he came to the coaches caravan in Roseville. He sat down and started talking to us and we ended up talking about kids because one of his kids was graduating from preschool or something like that and he was missing it. At the end of the conversation he asked me for my address because he wanted to send my then 2 year old son a novelty NDSU recruiting certificate. You know, like pilots give wings to kids on an airplane. I thought that was pretty cool of him.

He never sent it. Not a big deal. But it just always left an impression with me. I wish him well unless its against NDSU.
    what a horrible thing to do to you.... he'll fit right in down there in bunny turd ville horrible!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

Likely was taped to your championship BI issue!

Rather have coaches move up in the world than just be at NDSU forever. Makes the school more appealing to good coaches.
    College of Business Alumnus

Maybe he comes back as head coach after we get to the tourney a few times, win games, and someone nabs Richman for a million dollar contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Rather have coaches move up in the world than just be at NDSU forever. Makes the school more appealing to good coaches.
    That's weird logic. In my opinion a program is in much better shape by retaining talent. The football team has greatly benefitted by having the same staff return year after year. Bohl struggled when he changed assistant coaches as often as he changed underwear. It was such a problem, he built into his contract that his assistant coaches had to be paid in the top tier of the country. And in Klieman's case, he was smart because he brought in a bunch of guys who knew the system and recruiting. Heck between Klieman, Goeser, Polasek, Riley, and Roehl... that was a 5 man Bison staff who knew exactly what we were about and won Championships. Guys like Entz, Cain, Austin, and Hedberg now fit in like a glove.

Basketball isn't football but it's still similar in recruiting and continuity

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

So, now who are we going to give the gameBest Dressed Award to?
    BN11, what say you???
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans