Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Vehicle Charter/Rental

Default Tailgating Vehicle Charter/Rental

Mods please move if this isn't the right venue.

I'm taking a trip May 5-9 from Fargo to Louisville, KY (and back) with 11 other people and have been looking at vehicle rentals. We'd prefer to ride together, but don't want to be smashed into a van for the long trip. With 12 people we don't have enough folks to charter a bus thru a bus company. So what I'm wondering is if anyone would be willing to drive or rent us their tailgating vehicle. Plan is to leave Thursday afternoon and return Monday afternoon.

If anyone is interested please message me and I can provide additional details. Thanks for your consideration.

Default Re: Tailgating Vehicle Charter/Rental

A. Holy carp that's a lot of people.
    B. If all else fails, I believe you can rent passenger vans from most major rental car companies (12-15 seats.)

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What about RV rental?

If you want to cram 12 people in an RV for driving only... Still be pretty tight with that many people.
    Better than a 15 passenger van though.
    Guess is he's looking for a old bus that is set up for tailgating in which 12 people can just ride in and stay in hotels. The insurance on that though would be the gray area. Would think renting a couple full size SUVs would be a better option and you could mix it up at gas stops if you want to mix up the people.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    If you want to cram 12 people in an RV for driving only... Still be pretty tight with that many people.
    Better than a 15 passenger van though.
    Guess is he's looking for a old bus that is set up for tailgating in which 12 people can just ride in and stay in hotels. The insurance on that though would be the gray area. Would think renting a couple full size SUVs would be a better option and you could mix it up at gas stops if you want to mix up the people.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Insurance does get iffy as it soon becomes a rental. The issue being, you couldn't legally "rent" it to someone, you would have to loan it to them.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Since you're going to Kentucky, I have a favor to ask. Since I'll be in Florida sometime soon after you arrive in KY, and KY and FL are practically neighbors, would you be willing to tow a car behind your RV rig for me?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Insurance does get iffy as it soon becomes a rental. The issue being, you couldn't legally "rent" it to someone, you would have to loan it to them.
    Yep, "loan" it out, and then if they happen to slip you $500 when the trip is all done, well fine and dandy.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Yep, "loan" it out, and then if they happen to slip you $500 when the trip is all done, well fine and dandy.
    I'd talk to a GOOD lawyer first...
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    I'd talk to a GOOD lawyer first...
    The owner's insurance would be void and wouldn't cover ANY accidents. There is an exclusion in policy for renting vehicle out.

And insurer's attorney would sniff out the "loan" deal in an instant.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Sounds like a 15 passenger van is needed but you may want to rent from an official rental place. Too many gray areas regarding insurance and liability. What if the borrowed unit breaks down or someone breaks something.