Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SDSU's Scott Nagy offered Wright State HC gig.

Default Re: SDSU's Scott Nagy offered Wright State HC gig.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    This is a bit of a head scratcher. Wright State? I honestly had to look them up as I knew they existed, just nothing about them.

Good luck being #4 or 5 in your state - not even #1 in your own city.
    Their best would most likely be 6th in the state-
    Ohio State, Cincy, Xavier, Dayton, Miami, then the next best team in Ohio.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wright State is a lateral move. Their old coach made about the same amount of money. Must be significantly upping the pay or else Nagy saw the team dropping with 5 seniors and 2 players leaving. Gotta say this sucks for the league. Can't lose coaches to the Horizon.
    Making 2x your salary is not a lateral move. Especially where he hit the ceiling at "We do more with less" State.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Their best would most likely be 6th in the state-
    Ohio State, Cincy, Xavier, Dayton, Miami, then the next best team in Ohio.
    Great point. Not to mention Ohio, BGSU, Akron, Kent State and Toledo. Yikes.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This goes to show that the Horizon is indeed a step up from the Summit. However, I was confusing Wright State with Weber State for a while there.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Consider this: Coach Nagy has always recruited well in the Chicago area - and that was selling kids on moving to SOUTH DAKOTA.

Very similar to the Craig Bohl situation here. Competitively it's a lateral move at best. Financially it's a big step up. Nagy, like Bohl was, is probably getting to the age where's he's starting to look at the big picture down the road for his family and no one can blame him for that.

On a related note, does this add more fuel to the rumor that Daum may be transferring?

Shouldn't have to look to far away for an adequate replacement ........my SHORT list: Tom Billiter, Chad Walthall

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Shouldn't have to look to far away for an adequate replacement ........my SHORT list: Tom Billiter, Chad Walthall
    They also have two assistant coaches in Cooley (9 years at SDSU) and Klinkefus (10 years at SDSU) who've been there a long time. I would guess one or both of those guys would have an opportunity to take the HC job there if they don't want to follow Nagy to Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They also have two assistant coaches in Cooley (9 years at SDSU) and Klinkefus (10 years at SDSU) who've been there a long time. I would guess one or both of those guys would have an opportunity to take the HC job there if they don't want to follow Nagy to Ohio.
    I'll bet a dollar to a donut that one of the long time assistants follow Nagy..........if Nagy doubled his salary, one can only assume that his assistant would also......jmho

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I'll bet a dollar to a donut that one of the long time assistants follow Nagy..........if Nagy doubled his salary, one can only assume that his assistant would also......jmho
    Definitely. It'll be similar to the Klieman/Vigen dynamic when Bohl left. At least one will go with Nagy either because he feels like his ceiling is higher as a top assistant at Wright St or because he feels jaded that the other guy was offered the HC job at SDSU. It's certainly possible both go with him. I'm sure there would be massive support down there to hire Billeter and I doubt any of their assistants would stay if they get passed over for the HC job by an outsider.