Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SDSU's Scott Nagy offered Wright State HC gig.

Default Re: SDSU's Scott Nagy offered Wright State HC gig.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am not following how the Horizon league is paying more for a Bball coach than the Summit league which has state funded schools. Help me out; they have some kind of great media deal? Huge fan base? What? This is hard for me to wrap my mind around.
    No football means a lot more money (and focus) goes into Men's BB. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am not following how the Horizon league is paying more for a Bball coach than the Summit league which has state funded schools. Help me out; they have some kind of great media deal? Huge fan base? What? This is hard for me to wrap my mind around.
    Travel Hacking
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Wright State is a public university with 18k students. Their endowment is similar to SDSU ($93.4m to $96.9m) and their athletic budget is less ($11.2m to $15.7m) I presume due to not having football. Both received similar subsidies ($8.4m to $8.5m). Wright State is a very good school with a solid reputation in the area. They have been one of the top teams in the Horizon for years competing many years with Butler for the championship. Basketball is definitely their flagship sport so it's not surprising they would invest in a coach.
    Fans need only to look at the MVFC's beloved UNI regarding pay differences between the BB coaches (Jacobson) and the FB coaches (Farley) . I don't know the exact figures, but I have heard that Jacobson makes a heck of alot more money than Farley........maybe someone with better research skills could find out and share those figures with us.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Fans need only to look at the MVFC's beloved UNI regarding pay differences between the BB coaches (Jacobson) and the FB coaches (Farley) . I don't know the exact figures, but I have heard that Jacobson makes a heck of alot more money than Farley........maybe someone with better research skills could find out and share those figures with us.
    900,000+ average annual

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...yout/26904355/

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Thanks "Fanatic"; I did read where Farley was making about 300K, but that article was a couple of years old. Stone Face must be making quite a bit more now.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Thanks "Fanatic"; I did read where Farley was making about 300K, but that article was a couple of years old. Stone Face must be making quite a bit more now.
    But Farley still isn't getting all the incentive money that good coaches get for winning a conference title or winning a natty

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    But Farley still isn't getting all the incentive money that good coaches get for winning a conference title or winning a natty
    But he's saving them money on garage door paint... purple, not purple!
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."