Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USD women 2016 NIT champs

Default USD women 2016 NIT champs

Congrats to the Yotes women on winning the title in front of 7,000 fans at the Dakota Dome!! Pretty good basketball down in SD this year with SDSU mens and womens teams making the dance, Augustana winning the DII title and now USD winning the NIT.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default Re: USD women 2016 NIT champs

Good for them, congrats
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Congrats to the Coyotes.
    Box Score says 7415 attendance.
    I am wondering about that number?
    I've been there many times, and not seen that type of attendance.
    They must have talked the townspeople, local farmers, and many students, into coming to today's game. Good for them.

The place was full and loud. Very similar to how the BSA was for the DII championship games back in the 90s.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The place was full and loud. Very similar to how the BSA was for the DII championship games back in the 90s.
    Perhaps next year the selection committee on the women's side will take note and the Summit becomes a 2 bid league.......I am of the opinion the women have earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Those were the days!
    Regional s and Elite 8's were usually packed, and LOTS of fun!

Congrats Yotes!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The South Dakota teams are amazing. The North Dakota teams, not so much.

Too bad we can't have a men's program have thst kind of success in the Summit.

Congrats to the Yotes. Very very impressive. Our conference is a bear. Shit they may not even be the best team in the conference.

And 7k fans... wow! Our ladies didn't get 7k for thr whole season

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The South Dakota teams are amazing. The North Dakota teams, not so much.

Too bad we can't have a men's program have thst kind of success in the Summit.
    So being in the summit title game 3 years in a row, winning the regular season and conference tounament back to back and having the coach of the year back to back, and winning a game vs a Big 12 tram in the tournament isnt success??!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    So being in the summit title game 3 years in a row, winning the regular season and conference tounament back to back and having the coach of the year back to back, and winning a game vs a Big 12 tram in the tournament isnt success??!!
    Never said it wasn't a success but there's a big difference between 1 men's team getting a single win every decade vs sdsu going deep into the tournament and USD winning the NIT. Could you imagine how huge it would be if a Summit team won the men's NIT or went to the Sweet 16. Sdsu women were so so close.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com