Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Renewal arrived today

Default Re: Season Ticket Renewal arrived today

Those are 2015 numbers. Both ticket prices and dues increased this year. Yes, there are always tickets set aside for sigle game tickets; usually only 1,500 per game.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think I will buy a few extra tickets for each game when general admission goes on sale. It is as easy as sitting in an online waiting room for a few seconds, picking the seats of your choice, and then printing.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Not sure if it was on this thread, but earlier today someone was asking about ticket prices at some D1 schools including Iowa and Nebraska. There are a lot of articles on secondary market prices, but I did find one article on prices at the window from 2013 in Forbes.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselaw.../#4adfac86105c
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Wow, by 2023, the TM dues on 50 yard line seats (section 1 and 18) will be $2750/seat.

Mine in section 20 will be $1375/seat by 2023.

I'll gladly pay it but wonder how many people will be priced out of their seats?

Bigger venue with more seats??

According to the 2015 chart, they pd 2750. TM dues/seat last yr.

The dues for scholarship level seating does seem quite high, but what do I know. I wonder how they came up with those dollar amounts.

Appreciation does need to be shown for long time season ticket holders, but I think after a 5 peat that another 8 years to get up to full price is exceedingly gradual.

Definitely a tricky situation. Hope NDSU can do their best to balance out the need to increase dues while still making everyone as happy as possible.

Best solution would be more seats, but yeah, good luck.

I'm in the situation of donation with no foreseeable opportunity for season tickets in the near future. Oh well, if something has to suck about being a Bison fan I'll deal with it being this.

Scrounging for single game tickets has its own charm associated with it. Each game has its own story of how you manage a way to weasle into the Fargodome!

The genie is out of the bottle here. They never should have had different prices for the same seats.
    There is no way to be fair now. And there will be hard feelings
    But. They do have a chance to take the lesson learned and use it with basketball tickets.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    According to the 2015 chart, they pd 2750. TM dues/seat last yr.
    Most paid less. That's the point of the 8 year plan to get everybody to paying the listed cost.

Many of the ticket holders in the scholarship sections were in those seats long before they came up with the current scholarship levels of giving.

Many are also long time supporters.

One of the fears was driving some away. It's not as simple as asking them to pay the cost because a bunch of them give to NDSU in large amounts elsewhere.

I know at least one who is patiently waiting to see how their gift to the SHAC is remembered. It's always a question how much goodwill you earn with other support but these people are reasonable.

It's also true that quite a few in those sections are businesses who get asked to do a lot extra. Probably some trade outs on tickets.

I've said this before but, I've got a number for giving to NDSU that includes more than Team Makers and football tickets. As they raise these costs, those other givings get whittled away unless I decide to increase my total giving.

I think we all know the dangers of fans who tend to be exclusive to a single sport.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I've said this before but, I've got a number for giving to NDSU that includes more than Team Makers and football tickets. As they raise these costs, those other givings get whittled away unless I decide to increase my total giving.
    And this was exactly my thought when this whole thing broke. There is only so much most people can give, and the risk they are running as prices increase is a reduction of giving in other areas.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Why didn't people sitting in those locations relocate 10 years ago if they knew that one day they would likely be priced out?

We blame the people who can't currently get season tickets for not having a little forethought and getting tickets when they were available. Why don't we hold these fans to the same standard?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif