Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Renewal arrived today

Default Re: Season Ticket Renewal arrived today

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I think it would cause a shit storm that SU would not want to shovel.

Could not find the post..no biggie
    It probably would. But, ask yourself why and than ask yourself if that’s really a good reason not to do it. What is in the best interest of NDSU, the athletic dept, and the team?

Let me see if I can sum up the fundamental point of prior post CAS referenced. 1) there are a lot of premium seats held by longtime season ticket holders that a priced well below the advertised rate for new season tickets in those sections. 2) there are people willing to pay the advertised rate for new premium season tickets but they can’t get them because they’re held by someone who’s paying less.

As a result neither the price the longtime holder nor the advertised price is reflective of the actual price the market will bear. The old guy isn’t paying enough and the new guy is paying too much. Very inefficient market. Pits fans against each other when they should be supporting the team together. The real market price is somewhere in between. Needs to be restructured and reshuffled. With more rational pricing and loyalty points buying seat selection priority the answer is more equitable for everyone and more revenue for the program than the status quo.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

For one thing it would be like breaking up a family. We have sat around the same people for 10 plus years. Yes we support the team but we really really enjoy the people we watch the game with. Our "neighborhood" is a major part of the game day experience for us.

There is a process in place that NDSU finds acceptable to even out the pricing that is working. You really sound like a person who is not at the game every week and only cares about numbers and not the whole experience or even understands the whole experience. You see that camaraderie that has been built over the decades is a major part of what makes the HERD strong.

Our "neighborhood" is like the Cheers bar.

I think the way Priority points are structured long time donors don't get as much benefit as they should. I think the 20 year schedule for increasing season ticket football dues is exceedingly lenient. Can't make everyone happy. Does this balance all out in the end? Who knows but at least there are some trade offs.

The 20 year schedule to raise seat fees for existing season ticket holders only has about 5 or 6 years remaining to be at full price.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    For one thing it would be like breaking up a family. We have sat around the same people for 10 plus years. Yes we support the team but we really really enjoy the people we watch the game with. Our "neighborhood" is a major part of the game day experience for us.

There is a process in place that NDSU finds acceptable to even out the pricing that is working. You really sound like a person who is not at the game every week and only cares about numbers and not the whole experience or even understands the whole experience. You see that camaraderie that has been built over the decades is a major part of what makes the HERD strong.

Our "neighborhood" is like the Cheers bar.
    Are you sure that the current process is and will continue to be acceptable as prices on a whole bunch of seats ramp to what may well be an over market price? Or maybe would existing holders have a better opportunity to keep their neighborhood relatively intact via a reseating process at a more rational price point?
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 09-23-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The 20 year schedule to raise seat fees for existing season ticket holders only has about 5 or 6 years remaining to be at full price.
    Wow. Hardly seems like the increase could have started that long ago. In that case I retract my statement. Another 5 years to reach full price will get here plenty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wow. Hardly seems like the increase could have started that long ago. In that case I retract my statement. Another 5 years to reach full price will get here plenty quick.
    We were never told the overall plan until 2 years ago. A letter was sent out which outlined the increases until the full price point was reached. If a person felt they couldn't afford the increases, they can ask to be moved to a lower cost section.

533 In a row

I would assume that would be fore the high dollars seats on the 50?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

We were never told the overall plan until 2 years ago. A letter was sent out which outlined the increases until the full price point was reached. If a person felt they couldn't afford the increases, they can ask to be moved to a lower cost section.
    So basically a large portion of the 20 year plan was behind the scenes as incremental increases were made before the jump to the target dues amount of today?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I would assume that would be fore the high dollars seats on the 50?
    I am in the 3/4 scholarship section. The letter covered the full, 3/4, and half scholarship sections.

533 In a row