Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Season Ticket Renewal arrived today

Default Re: Season Ticket Renewal arrived today

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It probably would. But, ask yourself why and than ask yourself if that’s really a good reason not to do it. What is in the best interest of NDSU, the athletic dept, and the team?

Let me see if I can sum up the fundamental point of prior post CAS referenced. 1) there are a lot of premium seats held by longtime season ticket holders that a priced well below the advertised rate for new season tickets in those sections. 2) there are people willing to pay the advertised rate for new premium season tickets but they can’t get them because they’re held by someone who’s paying less.

As a result neither the price the longtime holder nor the advertised price is reflective of the actual price the market will bear. The old guy isn’t paying enough and the new guy is paying too much. Very inefficient market. Pits fans against each other when they should be supporting the team together. The real market price is somewhere in between. Needs to be restructured and reshuffled. With more rational pricing and loyalty points buying seat selection priority the answer is more equitable for everyone and more revenue for the program than the status quo.
    I get it and agree with the premises...in general. If one is not paying the full cost of one's seat, one should be made to pay the current full fee and cost. If they choose not to pay the current full fee and cost, then they should lose their seats to those willing to pay. (Pp being used to determine who is First inline for these newly vacated seats)

However, those who choose not to pay the full cost of the current fee should not then be allowed to use their priority points to kick another full fee and cost paying TM out of a lower costing seat based on having more pp. Pp don't and should not give you that privilege to kick people out of seats...why, because they are not 100% based on donations. The amount given to past athletes is and always will be subjectively biased. With that being said, the privilege the pp do give one is the first crack at paying the market price of seats as they come open, travel seats etc.

This is why all but the visiting section and student sections of seats should be seasonal and have a TM fee attached.

If a full reseating were to occure it will really hurt the brand and that would be a huge s*** show. It will be viewed as a scam to keep good ol boys happy. If a good old boy wants to have a good seat, just ponying up the full current fee and cost to keep your seats like the rest of us.

IMO, The reshuffling will occur naturally when you enforce full cost of seats.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 09-23-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I get it and agree with the premises...in general. If one is not paying the full cost of one's seat, one should be made to pay the current full fee and cost. If they choose not to pay the current full fee and cost, then they should lose their seats to those willing to pay. (Pp being used to determine who is First inline for these newly vacated seats)

However, those who choose not to pay the full cost of the current fee should not then be allowed to use their priority points to kick another full fee and cost paying TM out of a lower costing seat based on having more pp. Pp don't and should not give you that privilege to kick people out of seats...why, because they are not 100% based on donations. The amount given to past athletes is and always will be subjectively biased. With that being said, the privilege the pp do give one is the first crack at paying the market price of seats as they come open, travel seats etc.

This is why all but the visiting section and student sections of seats should be seasonal and have a TM fee attached.

If a full reseating were to occure it will really hurt the brand and that would be a huge s*** show. It will be viewed as a scam to keep good ol boys happy. If a good old boy wants to have a good seat, just ponying up the full current fee and cost to keep your seats like the rest of us.

This, if a reshuffling ever occurred I'm not sure I'd be able to stay in the level I am currently. I started buying in want to say 2007 with full tm dues every year since. I'm sure there are others who have gone even longer probably in the same boat. Or maybe I'm under estimating my level. I don't know. If they're in year 15 of 20 year plan then I'm okay with it, The next 5 years whoever is left that needs shuffling then they should be where they need to be? I get that you want to optimize but with the current environment if they reshuffle on pp alone there will be many that buy their way in that were not here say 10 years ago over those that do what they can the last 10, 15, maybe even 20 years? If you get too many people that way then you have to deal with the fallout. Is that worth the extra $??, right now not sure that it is.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post

What if that natural reshuffling results in rows of empty seats at the top of the premium seating areas because the price is way above market? Would that not hurt the brand and be a shitshow?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie