Page 91 of 155 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Herd View Post
    I'm not really complaining, just don't know why you wouldn't say "we caught up with coach Polasek earlier today" instead of pretending it's live. Always feels like your not giving the listener credit for having a brain. Like I said, I enjoy the shows and listen daily and I know other shows do it but for some reason it seems more distracting on their show and just am curious what the benefit of doing it like that is
    740 during JM and his "show" did it also, just saying it happens on TV, Radio all over the country
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

They have gotten better. Today they said they have Chase Morlock on the show, but also referenced how fired up he was in the interview and said that they will be replaying the talk they had with him.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    They have gotten better. Today they said they have Chase Morlock on the show, but also referenced how fired up he was in the interview and said that they will be replaying the talk they had with him.
    I like live but nobody criticizes Dom Izzo when he has a prerecorded interview on the news.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I like live but nobody criticizes Dom Izzo when he has a prerecorded interview on the news.
    Your missing the point....having prerecorded interviews are perfectly fine, its about pretending that they're live. Dom doesn't pretend his interviews on the news are live

Quote Originally Posted by The_Herd View Post
    Your missing the point....having prerecorded interviews are perfectly fine, its about pretending that they're live. Dom doesn't pretend his interviews on the news are live
    That I will agree with

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Another small annoyance I have found and I will probably get blasted for it because apparently 1660 And Jeff have already become untouchable for criticism but on his record interviews you can hear him say "yep" or "yeah" every every single answer given by the person he is interviewing. It's subtle because I imagine he is away from the mic or the interviews are offsite so he has the mic pointed toward the other person. I heard it right away and thought it was sort of funny but now I hear it every single time he does an interview it it bugs me.

That said I listen almost every single day and enjoy being able to have so much Bison coverage that I can listen to it passively. Used to be the whenever there was Bison talk I would feel like I had to listen attentively because I wasn't sure when he next Bison news would be shared.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Another small annoyance I have found and I will probably get blasted for it because apparently 1660 And Jeff have already become untouchable for criticism but on his record interviews you can hear him say "yep" or "yeah" every every single answer given by the person he is interviewing. It's subtle because I imagine he is away from the mic or the interviews are offsite so he has the mic pointed toward the other person. I heard it right away and thought it was sort of funny but now I hear it every single time he does an interview it it bugs me.

That said I listen almost every single day and enjoy being able to have so much Bison coverage that I can listen to it passively. Used to be the whenever there was Bison talk I would feel like I had to listen attentively because I wasn't sure when he next Bison news would be shared.
    Personally I like a more casual interview instead of the corporate stiff like perfect English guys. Especially if it's sports. But that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Personally I like a more casual interview instead of the corporate stiff like perfect English guys. Especially if it's sports. But that's just me
    I agree, but what he is doing is akin to someone saying like or uh over and over and over while they are speaking to a group.

Listened to the Brake Down or whatever it is called yesterday.
    I did enjoy the predictions (they think Murray State is going to win )
    But such idle chatter. It was like two high school kids trying to fill time.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Listened to big of Bison Gameday this mornign while in the car. Pretty good.

I'm actually watching the VNL pregame on the web. It's legit without "take it to the house" Chris Berg. Now, to get out of the holodeck and into the parking lot, that would be better. You're just standing there anyway.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯