Page 85 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck anymore about any of that. It was offseason meaningless shit and matters to nobody. It's almost game time and all the offseason nonsense can finally end. Looking forward to the game tomorrow.
    You may not care but there are many many that do. It all is not going away as FCC intertwined the Higher Ed board and the witch hunt against President Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck anymore about any of that. It was offseason meaningless shit and matters to nobody. It's almost game time and all the offseason nonsense can finally end. Looking forward to the game tomorrow.
    You are so wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    So you find their behavior throughout this acceptable and professional?
    Not really.

What do you think about Larson and JJ? They fucked up so bad that DB had to rescind their decision within 2 working days.

How are both of them still working? I expected somebody would have been scapegoated. Instead, it might have sealed the fate of their ultimate boss. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Not really.

What do you think about Larson and JJ? They fucked up so bad that DB had to rescind their decision within 2 working days.

How are both of them still working? I expected somebody would have been scapegoated. Instead, it might have sealed the fate of their ultimate boss. Sad.

Honestly, the only thing either of those 3 said/did, that we've seen in the papers that I completely disagreed with was JJ'S "it would probably be denied" comment.

The decision wasn't changed because NDSU fucked up, it was changed because FCC bitched.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Honestly, the only thing either of those 3 said/did, that we've seen in the papers that I completely disagreed with was JJ'S "it would probably be denied" comment.

The decision wasn't changed because NDSU fucked up, it was changed because FCC bitched.
    about things way less horrific than their asshead requests in their bid, and of course everyone forgets some of the very same things NDSU proposed and got absolutely beat to shit on...well the F'NHawks have them...but its for Hockey so nobody cares
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Not really.

I don't think the media restrictions were unacceptable. My position had never changed. So why on earth would I think JJ and Larson should be fired?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    My question is----how will the general public find out about this shit show since the FFC is a prime contributor to it and they control the media?????
    How does this get turned around?
    It doesn't. That is the problem. This fiasco has demonstrated the immense power FCC has in the state and how they are willing to use their power to destroy anyone who gets in their way.

This is actually quite scary to see.

I don't think the media restrictions were unacceptable. My position had never changed. So why on earth would I think JJ and Larson should be fired?
    I agree again, even if I felt some items were taken too far. But you have to agree the communication could have been handled better. JJ bordered on PR incompetence.

It doesn't. That is the problem. This fiasco has demonstrated the immense power FCC has in the state and how they are willing to use their power to destroy anyone who gets in their way.

This is actually quite scary to see.

I don't doubt FCC, SOBE and some legislators want to bring NDSU down a lot of notches but in the case of FCC, could they be cutting off their nose to spite their face, or whatever that saying is. By hurting or downsizing NDSU which has an enormous effect on Fargo's viability which I would assume has an effect on FCC viability, could FCC be hurt as well. ESPN coming to Fargo for example gives a boost to "hits" to inforum. I have seen their website at the FargoDome clearly visible during playoff games. When colleges succeed, it reflects well on the entire state of North Dakota.

Or if there more to just this? If it is just a juvenile in-state rivalry between UND and NDSU, that is stupid or if it just to make UND not feel so bad,. Such a backward, sad state North Dakota is. Such insecurity, It is normal to want schools and institutions to succeed, not to cut them off at the knees.

I wish the national media would get ahold of this sick story.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I agree again, even if I felt some items were taken too far. But you have to agree the communication could have been handled better. JJ bordered on PR incompetence.
    I dunno. The 'PR incompetence' was decreed by FCC. I have no doubt that they would selectively use or misconstrue quotes to tell the story they want told.

Let's assume he did say it in the context that FCC reported. I don't have enough information to indicate he should be fired. You also stated earlier today that we need to accept Kolpack made mistakes, but we need to forgive. Shouldn't that argument apply to NDSU employees as well? I don't think Kolpack should be fired, BTW. However, his credibility as a journalist is shot as far as I am concerned.