Page 84 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I agree that wasn't cool but to his credit, Jeff publicly apologized (I've heard) on his radio show. I'll give him a pass on that. One mistake someone makes in a time of heated emotion doesn't erase decades of good work. Jeff has a lot of credibility. His employer? Not so much.
    Spot on, Gully. And he personally apologized. I think a very good point made by folks in the "hate Kolpack" camp have made is that Kolpack should have had a public reprimand from his company. That all again shows a huge problem at the top of the company.

ESPN play by play announcer for Saturday, Adan Amin on the show today at 11:20

Http://www. Bison1660.com click listen live or download the app

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm willing to give Jeff a chance to redeem himself he's been a great reporter for the Bison. If he knew about FCCs bid then shame on him. I don't know how bidding works in media. Would have thought he'd know about it. Or he did and internally that was conflicting him and when apparent "restrictions" went into place it was a last straw and sort of lashing out at NDSU was his own way of acting out against FCC. (Childish a bit perhaps) Dom really took the high road a few tongue in cheek tweets were all I saw and his post on their blog was "professional" way all of this should have been handled. So Dom definitely still gets a pass in my book again whether he knew or not about the bid contents.

The losers here. Rob Port (DUI Minot, and his "boss" whoever is telling him what to write and say) and FCC for orchestrating this smear campaign and perhaps feeding some of the fire through their employees by not being up front with them about what was happening. Those emails and texts indicate that was exactly what it was.

KVLY may have some production issues and camera issues and Beth not being a "polished" sports director but at least they are "trying". FCC didn't even try. You want something bad enough you can usually get it if you get creative which sounds like FCC did not other than asking NDSU to pay them back if they lose too many games that usually will garner negative points. KVLY guy even gave props to Radio FM for putting creativity into their bid even though dollar wise it seemed like it was less but what they presented gave NDSU something they wanted.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I'm willing to give Jeff a chance to redeem himself he's been a great reporter for the Bison. If he knew about FCCs bid then shame on him. I don't know how bidding works in media. Would have thought he'd know about it. Or he did and internally that was conflicting him and when apparent "restrictions" went into place it was a last straw and sort of lashing out at NDSU was his own way of acting out against FCC. (Childish a bit perhaps) Dom really took the high road a few tongue in cheek tweets were all I saw and his post on their blog was "professional" way all of this should have been handled. So Dom definitely still gets a pass in my book again whether he knew or not about the bid contents.

The losers here. Rob Port (DUI Minot, and his "boss" whoever is telling him what to write and say) and FCC for orchestrating this smear campaign and perhaps feeding some of the fire through their employees by not being up front with them about what was happening. Those emails and texts indicate that was exactly what it was.

KVLY may have some production issues and camera issues and Beth not being a "polished" sports director but at least they are "trying". FCC didn't even try. You want something bad enough you can usually get it if you get creative which sounds like FCC did not other than asking NDSU to pay them back if they lose too many games that usually will garner negative points. KVLY guy even gave props to Radio FM for putting creativity into their bid even though dollar wise it seemed like it was less but what they presented gave NDSU something they wanted.
    Nobody gives a fuck anymore about any of that. It was offseason meaningless shit and matters to nobody. It's almost game time and all the offseason nonsense can finally end. Looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck anymore about any of that. It was offseason meaningless shit and matters to nobody. It's almost game time and all the offseason nonsense can finally end. Looking forward to the game tomorrow.
    There is no offseason for those interested in curtailing NDSU's success. The only reason they care about when football starts is because it distracts people from the shenanigans they're perpetrating.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Yeah, this thread belongs in Bison Commons so I'll move it.

However, this stuff matters a hell of a lot more than the football game tomorrow. NDSU is facing the biggest threat to its viability as a university since Bill Langer was governor - and ForumComm has shown what side of this battle they're going to be on

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

My question is----how will the general public find out about this shit show since the FFC is a prime contributor to it and they control the media?????

My question is----how will the general public find out about this shit show since the FFC is a prime contributor to it and they control the media?????
    How does this get turned around?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You couldnt be more wrong.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

False, this sort of shit could very well adversely affect the future of NDSU and it athletics
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have read all posts with great interest and I firmly believe the foolum, SBOE, and some state govt officials have a deep agenda to put NDSU in it's place(and that place is way below UND). I can't do much about the last two, but if there was another newspaper ( highly unlikely I know) to come to town, I would subscribe right away. All of this is just pissing me off.