Page 73 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I think a lot of this is knee jerk because the station is so new, and bison rubes are posting them. Give em the dreaded April-July schedule and it'll maybe become just as unlistenable as kfan can be for some of you.

Fargo can't pull off what kfan does in the cities along with 1550 ESPN down there. We don't have the market, interest, fan base, teams whatever you need to make it work. 740 has tried numerous times with just a two hour show at noon. Probably smart scheduling of 1660 to put these local shows on against other local shows instead and forcing FM to compete against one another rather than a talking head in Minneapolis talking NFL/Vikings which trumps all.

No way in hell could I listen to 9 hour days, 5 times a week about the upcoming game vs southern Illinois.
    So why not have a Vikings or packers show, a video games show or an outdoors show, ??? Its got to be better than another station talking about nd politics, oil, ag or church! That's what they said when KFAN started was this market wasn't big enough for an all sports station...now we have 2. fill the gaps with something different from what Fargo has now and listeners will tune in. Just because its called Bison 1660 doesn't mean it has to be all bison all the time. Like barreiro calls it...they toy department. Its better than going to ESPN radio to bail you out. If 1660 doesn't take advantage of this they will be missing a huge opportunity IMO.

Edit....

And BTW...quit thinking so D2 JV Old timey!!!!
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 08-17-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I think a lot of this is knee jerk because the station is so new, and bison rubes are posting them. Give em the dreaded April-July schedule and it'll maybe become just as unlistenable as kfan can be for some of you.

Fargo can't pull off what kfan does in the cities along with 1550 ESPN down there. We don't have the market, interest, fan base, teams whatever you need to make it work. 740 has tried numerous times with just a two hour show at noon. Probably smart scheduling of 1660 to put these local shows on against other local shows instead and forcing FM to compete against one another rather than a talking head in Minneapolis talking NFL/Vikings which trumps all.

No way in hell could I listen to 9 hour days, 5 times a week about the upcoming game vs southern Illinois.
    KFAN spring ratings book for Fargo posted a 1.6 rating which was last. Fall ranges from 3.0 to 3.5 at a high, probably more due to sports seasonality. With UND content and NDSU fans flipping over to 1660, I anticipate even a bigger drop. Curious to see how 1660 does over the next year

Your right though... need to find something interesting to do during the slow months. I think the way to keep fans interested is to talk a lot of Twins. Maybe even a little Redhawks talk. NFL Free agency, more Vikings specific. Heck I am not a Packer fan but let's face it.. Lots of Packer fans here

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    So why not have a Vikings or packers show, a video games show or an outdoors show, ??? Its got to be better than another station talking about nd politics, oil, ag or church! That's what they said when KFAN started was this market wasn't big enough for an all sports station...now we have 2. fill the gaps with something different from what Fargo has now and listeners will tune in. Just because its called Bison 1660 doesn't mean it has to be all bison all the time. Like barreiro calls it...they toy department. Its better than going to ESPN radio to bail you out. If 1660 doesn't take advantage of this they will be missing a huge opportunity IMO.
    This ^^^ Actually most of the station isn't Bison. It's national Fox Sports.
    I think the key is having less national garbage or more local /regional stuff. I'm not a fan of the national content at all (except I like Dan Patrick) whether it's espn or fox sports. I like the call in shows personally. Vikes, Twins, Wild, Redhawks, even high school talk and scores would be OK. At least local high school kids and parents would pay attention.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This ^^^ Actually most of the station isn't Bison. It's national Fox Sports.
    I think the key is having less national garbage or more local /regional stuff. I'm not a fan of the national content at all (except I like Dan Patrick) whether it's espn or fox sports. I like the call in shows personally. Vikes, Twins, Wild, Redhawks, even high school talk would be OK
    YOu telling me you cant find dan Patrick anywhere else in the FM area? Come on man!!! His radio show is on TV now for crying out loud!!!

That was my point...more local sports shows. Or like I said...video game show or whatever. Maybe delicious dish and schwetty balls

YOu telling me you cant find dan Patrick anywhere else in the FM area? Come on man!!! His radio show is on TV now for crying out loud!!!

That was my point...more local sports shows. Or like I said...video game show or whatever. Maybe delicious dish and schwetty balls
    I was agreeing with you But yeah on Dan Patrick. He's on TV already

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was agreeing with you But yeah on Dan Patrick. He's on TV already
    I know you were...I was just messing with ya.

The sad thing is 'Delicious Dish" would probably do well on one of the local Ag/politics stations...which only makes our point even more.

Edit....

And BTW...quit thinking so D2 JV Old timey!!!!
    They said kfan wouldn't work because of the market in Minneapolis? Yea OK don't buy that

They said kfan wouldn't work because of the market in Minneapolis? Yea OK don't buy that
    Well, that was 25 years ago. Things were a lot different then.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well they did....

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Minneapolis market is much different than the Fargo/Moorhead market.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    The Minneapolis market is much different than the Fargo/Moorhead market.
    Agreed...but that's not the point. The point was why not fill the slots with other local/sports/nonsports radio shows that appeal to markets not already being served in FM.