Page 72 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I really like Chris Hanson as Keith Brakes wing man. Good chemistry. Like the Star Trib beat writer for the Vikes.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I haven't listened to kfan much in awhile. It's old and stale. The ptrip is juvenile, PA is vikes blah blah blah blah, never did listen to common much and DB spends too much time on shit I don't care about. If your not into Minnesota sports kfan isn't really for ya. Must be why most of the MN guys like it.

Bison 1660 has been great. Really like Jeff and the insiders show. The new show at 4 isn't bad, not real big on other area's sports teams but he's new so kind of getting people he has connections with from his old place. Hopefully it'll evolve to more regional talk.
    Pretty much sums it up there.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I haven't listened to kfan much in awhile. It's old and stale. The ptrip is juvenile, PA is vikes blah blah blah blah, never did listen to common much and DB spends too much time on shit I don't care about. If your not into Minnesota sports kfan isn't really for ya. Must be why most of the MN guys like it.

Bison 1660 has been great. Really like Jeff and the insiders show. The new show at 4 isn't bad, not real big on other area's sports teams but he's new so kind of getting people he has connections with from his old place. Hopefully it'll evolve to more regional talk.
    I somewhat agree. Ive always wondered why Fargo didn't have its own sports talk. Why would you want to listen to some other cities local broadcast (Kfan). This is something that fargo has needed for a long time. I sure hope they fill all the time slots. Doesn't seem like good business sense to have people tune in something else at 1 then expect them to tune back in at 4.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I liked Brakes show a ton today . Good mix of all the teams I like. Little national talk but not too much. I get the full Bison fix with the insiders.

And totally agree on KFAN. Hearing about duckies and bunnies and progrum got old like 10 years ago

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like the powertrip... they break up constant sports talk with some humor and pop culture talk. Listening to them has expanded my musical taste too. It may be juvenile but that's what makes it fun. I can see where Meatsauce gets on people's nerves. Doing that line of work takes a special talent. Just listen when Meatsauce is the producer and Hawkey is out. Hawkey is very smooth at his delivery but has been doing it for +20 years. To each their own I guess.

I think a lot of this is knee jerk because the station is so new, and bison rubes are posting them. Give em the dreaded April-July schedule and it'll maybe become just as unlistenable as kfan can be for some of you.

Fargo can't pull off what kfan does in the cities along with 1550 ESPN down there. We don't have the market, interest, fan base, teams whatever you need to make it work. 740 has tried numerous times with just a two hour show at noon. Probably smart scheduling of 1660 to put these local shows on against other local shows instead and forcing FM to compete against one another rather than a talking head in Minneapolis talking NFL/Vikings which trumps all.

No way in hell could I listen to 9 hour days, 5 times a week about the upcoming game vs southern Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I think a lot of this is knee jerk because the station is so new, and bison rubes are posting them. Give em the dreaded April-July schedule and it'll maybe become just as unlistenable as kfan can be for some of you.

Fargo can't pull off what kfan does in the cities along with 1550 ESPN down there. We don't have the market, interest, fan base, teams whatever you need to make it work. 740 has tried numerous times with just a two hour show at noon. Probably smart scheduling of 1660 to put these local shows on against other local shows instead and forcing FM to compete against one another rather than a talking head in Minneapolis talking NFL/Vikings which trumps all.

No way in hell could I listen to 9 hour days, 5 times a week about the upcoming game vs southern Illinois.
    Exactly. The season is coming up, pretty easy to fill 2 hours a day with guests from around the country. Glad he is at least getting guests constantly, but at some point, you won't have that luxury. In comparison to 740, he actually is a much better host than anything they've ever had over there, no denying that fact. It's still in no way better than the best at KFAN, it's just not.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

When they'll have actual games to talk about, I imagine the phone lines will be more heavily relied upon.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Exactly. The season is coming up, pretty easy to fill 2 hours a day with guests from around the country. Glad he is at least getting guests constantly, but at some point, you won't have that luxury. In comparison to 740, he actually is a much better host than anything they've ever had over there, no denying that fact. It's still in no way better than the best at KFAN, it's just not.
    Something I enjoy quite a bit is hearing from former players and staff. A "Where are they now?" segment is always a fun listen. There's gotta be a pretty lengthy list of former athletes that an audience would love to hear from. I'm not sure how much time that could use up in an offseason, but it's a start anyway.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Colton Heagle on the insiders today

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com