Page 64 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Fun fact, UNI has played 7 FBS games in the last 5 seasons.
    Playing them is easy. Winning them is another story.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    NDSU wins too much to even be able to schedule 7 in 5 seasons. Not even a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Fun fact, UNI has played 7 FBS games in the last 5 seasons.
    Apparently their AD does this because they need the money......like really, really bad. They've had some pretty good games against FBS teams, but can't quite finish them for wins (they're 1-6).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Apparently their AD does this because they need the money......like really, really bad. They've had some pretty good games against FBS teams, but can't quite finish them for wins (they're 1-6).
    you gotta pay your Basketball Coach somehow.

Apparently their AD does this because they need the money......like really, really bad.
    And they turned away my $1 donation a few years back.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    And they turned away my $1 donation a few years back.
    They spent alot of money to give back money. Sounds about right.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

It's like this bad: http://www.press-citizen.com/story/n...oney/80239092/

Hopefully North Dakota doesn't try to do something like this and try to funnel more money to the F'hawkers. Of course, this scenario can't happen unless NDSU ends up in a conference that has huge TV contracts.

I know a few years ago, there were talks of dropping programs like wrestling at UNI just to fix their budget woes, but that in itself could have hurt the university even more consider that we (USAW) would have had to move two huge wrestling tournaments (Preseason and Folkstyle Nationals) somewhere else. Both of those events draw between 2,000 an 2,500 participants a year. I don't know the exact financial breakdown on how the money is doled out for these events, but I'm pretty sure UNI gets a fair percentage, while Cedar Falls gets a nice bump financial in the local economy during those two weekends each year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Hmmmm...not so fast Billy Ray...

I can't figure out how to download a copy of the show over wifi and listen to it offline other than to pay $10/month for the premium version of Soundcloud. I can find lots of options for streaming the show, but am looking for something that won't eat up my data. I looked through this thread and found the RSS feed Trumpster posted, but that didn't work in Podcast Addict. Just looking to download the show and listen to it like any other podcast. What am I missing?

It's like this bad: http://www.press-citizen.com/story/n...oney/80239092/

Hopefully North Dakota doesn't try to do something like this and try to funnel more money to the F'hawkers. Of course, this scenario can't happen unless NDSU ends up in a conference that has huge TV contracts.

I know a few years ago, there were talks of dropping programs like wrestling at UNI just to fix their budget woes, but that in itself could have hurt the university even more consider that we (USAW) would have had to move two huge wrestling tournaments (Preseason and Folkstyle Nationals) somewhere else. Both of those events draw between 2,000 an 2,500 participants a year. I don't know the exact financial breakdown on how the money is doled out for these events, but I'm pretty sure UNI gets a fair percentage, while Cedar Falls gets a nice bump financial in the local economy during those two weekends each year.
    If the SBHOE gets their way, Ed Schafer will be our president and will cut a bunch of unnecessary things and push our university into irrelevance.