Page 61 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    No, but I learned that despite women being allowed to be educated and work more and more jobs, they are horrible managers nor should they ever strive to move up.
    Maybe they'll put Rob Port on the front page.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    30 minutes of softballs with the AD. Not a bad segment but that's what you're going to get when the guy answering the questions controls the professional lives of the guys asking the questions.
    Soft as the main stream media on HRC

Whoa! Where did the love go?
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

You never close your eyes, anymore when I kiss your lips...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

A whole bunch of sanctimonious drivel about UNI's culture going on right now. Worst segment I've heard.

Jorgenson can't be saying crap like that. Bad look for the athletic department.
    what did he say that wasn't true?

They always seem to play NDSU very tough, have made it to the Champ game, won a ton of Conference Championships/playoff games. Never been able to pull off the win, its all true
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I kind of want to hear Eddy(speaking of state controlled media) on 1660 sometime. I would love other his opinion on the current media situation.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    what did he say that wasn't true?

They always seem to play NDSU very tough, have made it to the Champ game, won a ton of Conference Championships/playoff games. Never been able to pull off the win, its all true
    There was some stuff about them putting too much on one game and only caring about beating NDSU and letting down for other opponents which was pretty rich considering it was in the context of a poll question to Bison fans which indicated that NDSU fans thought UNI was the biggest threat. But mostly its just ignorant to suggest something negative about their culture (whatever that even means) when the truth is their problem, if they have one, is a difficult non-conference schedule.

The last 5 years UNI has been the 3rd, 3rd, 9th, 7th, and 4th best team in the country according to Sagarin, which basically makes them the second best program in the country over that span.

Mostly its just provides bulletin board material for them. No one in the athletic department should be running their mouth like that about any opponent, especially a conference opponent.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 08-09-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

There was some stuff about them putting too much on one game and only caring about beating NDSU and letting down for other opponents which was pretty rich considering it was in the context of a poll question to Bison fans which indicated that NDSU fans thought UNI was the biggest threat. But mostly its just ignorant to suggest something negative about their culture (whatever that even means) when the truth is their problem, if they have one, is a difficult non-conference schedule.

The last 5 years UNI has been the 3rd, 3rd, 9th, 7th, and 4th best team in the country according to Sagaring, which basically makes them the second best program in the country over that span.

Mostly its just provides bulletin board material for them. No one in the athletic department should be running their mouth like that about any opponent, especially a conference opponent.
    I agree but this is an entertainment show. Believe me NDSU and UNI don't need any motivation. Every game seems to go down to the wire. It's kind of like saying if we talk about Bo Pelini going bat shit crazy last year, it's going to make a difference. We always get everyone's best shot anyways

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

So if a radio station in Ceder Falls said something negative about our team, then we would play better? Ha! Come on. Bulitian board material needs to come from coaches or players to even have a chance at being relivent. Nothing said or done can make each team hate and want to beat the other any more.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

7 shows in the books and I'm hooked. Love the insiders show. Love how it's so over the top accessible with the app, soundcloud, and on the website. Love how they post the on demand stuff super fast. Love the daily guests. Love the twitter interaction. Love the production. Love our new PBP guy. Love how they keep the content fresh

And it's going to get so much better once the season starts and the 2nd show starts with Keith Brake.

Keep up the great work fellas!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com