Page 55 of 155 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

I have had 1660 streaming on my computer all week from 11 to 1. They have really knocked it out of the park this week. Today Ryan Smith. Riley, Entz and Stick. Great job Jeff and Jeremy!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One thing that bugs me (NOTE: I don't listen to radio really EVER) about this show is that I find it weird how they do the transitions.

For instance, this interview with Stick, JC asks the first question over the air and then they cut to the answer Stick is given at what sounds like a pre-recorded interview. Then the rest of the interview continues from the pre-recorded setting.

Are a majority of interviews pre-recorded? Just bugs me as I feel like I'm just listening to a 'product' and the asking the question before cutting to interview just comes off as sort of deceiving.

*EDIT* still love the show and have listened every day

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

LakesBison call-in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I Met Jeff Culhane Last night at WeFest. Dude is allright, He obviously was coached up about me, which sucks that most D bags around Fargo talk smack and are jealous. He's Gonna do a great job, talked West Virginia and NDSU joining their conference in football
    Can this post be added to the lakesbison Dictionary entry? This is the most lakes post ever.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Can this post be added to the lakesbison Dictionary entry? This is the most lakes post ever.
    Not enough caps or punctuation to be lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    PA is the best PxP guy in the NFL if you ask me. Whether you love the Vikings, hate the Vikings, or are indifferent listening to him call a game is entertainment in itself.

The thrill of victory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgxSzxIxPrY

And the agony of defeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8S4G9zFK8
    Can't agree about Paul Allen being the best play-by-play guy in the NFL (to me, he sounds like he's working a prowrestling match), but now, the Vikings do have the absolute best stadium announcer in Alan Roach. I was super bummed out last night when I found out he is no longer with the Denver Broncos. Roach will still be covering the Colorado Avalanche and Rapids, but will be heading home (he went to school at Brainerd) for his second stint with the Vikings.

Hail the BISON!!!

[QUOTE=NDSUBowler;1137266]One thing that bugs me (NOTE: I don't listen to radio really EVER) about this show is that I find it weird how they do the transitions.

For instance, this interview with Stick, JC asks the first question over the air and then they cut to the answer Stick is given at what sounds like a pre

Most interviews aren't pre recorded...but with media day this week, they did a bunch. Great program
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Jeff Cullhane was a great hire. Scottie was a great game announcer, but Jeff has the quicker mind needed to pull off a 3 hr radio show day in day out. Hope we can keep him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Can't agree about Paul Allen being the best play-by-play guy in the NFL (to me, he sounds like he's working a prowrestling match), but now, the Vikings do have the absolute best stadium announcer in Alan Roach. I was super bummed out last night when I found out he is no longer with the Denver Broncos. Roach will still be covering the Colorado Avalanche and Rapids, but will be heading home (he went to school at Brainerd) for his second stint with the Vikings.

I can't stand P.A. as the preseason tv announcer. He gets numbers and which player made the play wrong all the time. He gets down and distance wrong. I don't listen to him on the radio, but he is probably is getting this stuff wrong on radio also. He is way too much of a homer.

Quote Originally Posted by wtffootballfan View Post
    I can't stand P.A. as the preseason tv announcer. He gets numbers and which player made the play wrong all the time. He gets down and distance wrong. I don't listen to him on the radio, but he is probably is getting this stuff wrong on radio also. He is way too much of a homer.
    Although I grew up in Minnesota, I didn't follow the Vikings that much and even less now. I've been a Broncos fan ever since I was a toddler in the late 70's. With that said, the only reason I know about Paul Allen is because of his over-the-top, melt-down reactions. Last year's lost to Seattle was a great example of Paul's homerism, but not as funny as this:

Hail the BISON!!!